Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

My heart goes out to all involved:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

damn that's saddening, I just found out about this ... well now.. reading this post, some people are sick... why go out and kill so many innocents instead of yourself? what did they ever do to him? they were just kids! If anyone did this to my daughters school and walked away he wouldn't live long with a target on his forehead.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Been watching it on the news all day today.....Newtown is about 45 minutes from me. A friend of mine and I are collecting stuffed toys all day tomorrow to bring down to the children on sunday. It's such a get wrenching thing to watch these things happen. I seriously do not know what goes through the minds of people who commit these crimes. There is a special place in hell for this guy. May he rot there for all eternity.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Only in America where everyone is allowed a gun and there is almost no gun control... Sad day.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

See that's where I have to disagree! The problem is not enough law abiding citizens own weapons. A criminal will get a gun no matter what if he wants one but if more law abiding people owned and carried weapons the idiots like this guy would be neutralized far quicker and less lives would be lost. I truly believe that in the society we live in these days that teachers should be allowed to carry weapons in the classroom for instances just like these. Take one to save 28 that's seems fair and logical too me

Old 12-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Beginning Member
antz2009 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
See that's where I have to disagree! The problem is not enough law abiding citizens own weapons. A criminal will get a gun no matter what if he wants one but if more law abiding people owned and carried weapons the idiots like this guy would be neutralized far quicker and less lives would be lost. I truly believe that in the society we live in these days that teachers should be allowed to carry weapons in the classroom for instances just like these. Take one to save 28 that's seems fair and logical too me
adding more guns is just gonna make it worse. say you give a teacher a gun to "protect" her students. the next day she finds her husband cheating on her. goes to class the next morning and a student pisses her off. now you have an armed pissed off woman whos not in her right mind.

these people who do these mass murders almost always turn the gun on themselfs. they are not afraid to die. adding more guns wont scare them at all.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Starting Member
whyteb0y is on a distinguished road

I was just talking about this with my mom last night. I think it'll come down to metal detectors, pat downs and having clear/see thru back packs/duffel bags. It sucks that it has to come to that, but, I'd rather have my kid pass thru metal detectors, pat downs, whatever than get the call from the school or sheriff to come identify a body, they think it's my son.

Hell, even hire security guards, do whatever it takes. It just sucks that it takes a tragedy like this to happen before anything is done. This has been going on for long enough to have already implemented something. The government is cutting funding from schools, fire, police and military. I think those areas should get more funding than a bunch of people that sit around and don't really do anything, yet collect a HUGE pay check (government officials). Until money is available to fund better schools, police agencies, fire, rescue and military, the government should give up some of their money. They don't put their lives on the line everyday to serve the men, women and children of the country they are elected to represent.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Ah the left wing extremist whiners are out yelling about gun control.

Take a look at NYC and Chicago where guns are banned? Yeah crime is out of control.

Look at Switzerland where you can have rocket launchers and 1 out of every 2 citizens has a gun and every citizen is trained to use one. Crime is barely a blip on the radar.

The government is going to use this to demonize the second amendment. They're going to try to come for our guns and it's going to stir up a civil war. A lot of people are going to get hurt and murdered and that is what they want as part of their plan to have the U.N. control our country.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:13 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

If guns where against the law they would kill people, crack and heroin are against the law and they still kill people everyday. People in new york city get killed by unlawfull guns everyday. When I went to high school in the 70s we had gun racks with guns on them in our trucks at school, none of this happened backed then

Old 12-15-2012, 03:42 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Giving people guns to use against people with guns won't solve a thing... I've never even seen a handgun in Canada and we don't have school shootings every year... It's a wonder how these things happen so much in a country where anyone with a bit of cash can get thir hands on a gun, legal or not.

It's not whether guns are allowed, its mentality of the citizens... I doubt the average swiss person has a hard time finding even a minimum wage job, or has a million things to be angry with his government for, or "terrorism" to be angry about

Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Alot of it has to do with the media sensationalizing it. Next will be a daycare or maternity ward for 15 minutes of fame

Quick Reply: My heart goes out to all involved:(