Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

My Saturday night & Sunday morning!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:32 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road
Talking My Saturday night & Sunday morning!!! :)

Well guys, I had the best weekend I've had in a long while and I thought some of you guys might find it interesting!! Right now, I'm a full-time student working on my Criminal Justice Degree so I can fulfill my life-long dream of becoming a police officer. I live in Tulsa, OK and the department requires a Bachelors Degree (one of about 8 in the nation ) A city of about 550,000 w/ a department of 850 Officers just like any city, it has it's rough spots, but way more good spots than rough. Really, it's a pretty safe city. Anywho, I have family in law enforcement so naturally I have many friends on the PD.

Well, last night (Saturday night) I went on a ride along with a family friend. He is a supervisor for Graveyard Shift (930p-730a) up north at the Gilcrease Divsion (the one that patrols the north side of the city, where all the rough spots are). Anyways, Squad meeting was at 915, nothing special and after the meeting we did the day's paper work until about 1130p. While gasin up the squad car another friend of mine
(and a officer in the squad I was riding with) put out a call of a traffic stop w/ failing to yield and said he had one out at gunpoint! Woohoo! Off we went, 7 miles on the highway and we were there (and let me tell you, speed limits and lanes do not exist when you're in a police car). So we get there and of course we miss the good stuff, the drivers in custody yada yada.. but wait!! The officers searching the car suddenly run back, and lets us know the car is a rolling meth lab! So we get the drug guys on the scene in there space suits and all to clean it up and we're off again.

After a little more paperwork, we started out on routine patrol, being a supervisor, the officer I was with did not get assigned calls, so we went to whatever and whereever we wanted. After a few traffic stops, at about 1am, a call comes out of a burglary in progress. So we zip over to the location and set up a perimeter, do some prowling and once again a little paper work. In the mean time two officers were assigned a fight at one of the local housing projects (a bad, dangerous, filthy place). So after the paperwork we keep patrolling the area looking for the burglary suspect and all of a sudden an officer comes on the radio "WE NEED HELP, JUST BEEN JUMPED". Oh ****, all bets are off and we are HAULIN. Let me tell you, there's nothing in the world like doing 115 on city streets running code (lights and sirens) at 130 in the morning. The whole time we are trying to get there (along with a caravan of officers from the perimeter right behind us) the officers at the scene are yelling "Ya'll need to get here quick" and "We need help" because they're being attacked and quickly getting out numbered. We were about the 5 unit to get there out of the total of 13 cars that showed up, and end up taking four people to jail. One officer had a black eye and was cut up but other than that everyone was good. After booking and visiting the jail we pretty much did paperwork and patrol until about 7.

What a night!!!!

Last edited by okvortec; 05-11-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Crazy nite lol

Last edited by 96chevblazer; 05-11-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 PM

Yeah, I'm definitely going to do it again!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds exciting! LOL

Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 AM

It was by far one of the coolest things I have done, I will be riding once a month from now on!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 AM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah that does sound pretty cool