Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   New York license fees (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/new-york-license-fees-36354/)

W2JGA 10-28-2009 06:04 PM

New York license fees

http://www.kc2jga.com/rant.gif
WTF is going on with NY fees? Hunting licenses have gone up a boat load since last year. Today, in the mail I get a registration renewal for the Blazer. $103 for 2 more years.:icon_doh: $71 registration fee, $20 use tax, and $12.50 for my special plate fee. Which has gone up $2.50 since the last time. Lucky for me, I'm not forced to buy NY's new license plates because of my amateur radio plates. Well, until them a**ho's read my rants.
Ok, I'm done for now. Until I check the mail tomorrow.
http://www.kc2jga.com/rant.gif

swartlkk 10-28-2009 06:06 PM

Thank the seeing impaired person down in Albany. The SNL parodies on Paterson are HILARIOUS!

The hunting license increase is just going to cause more people to hunt "illegally" or not hunt at all. I wish I had of purchased the lifetime license before the increase. I'll be sure to do it for my kids so they do not have to pay for it again (if it is still available).

old skool luvr 10-28-2009 06:17 PM

don't feel so bad W2JGA, in Ontario it'll cost you $74 for the year (so $148 for 2 years).

and for those lucky folks who reside inside the bounderies of his "Royal Blondness" (that'd be Major David Miller of Toronto), you get nailed an extra $60 per year, just for being in his fair city.
so, it'll cost you $268 for 2 years of driving, if you live in Toronto.

feel better now?

W2JGA 10-28-2009 06:17 PM

I have always wondered about those lifetime licenses. Too bad we couldn't get a lifetime registration for our vehicles.

Can't watch SNL, too late for me to stay up that late, and can't DVR it because my wife hogs it.

Question is, what is NY going to do with all this extra money? Nevermind, I won't bother. They're lying anyway.:icon_no:

swartlkk 10-28-2009 06:30 PM

The rest of NY has to fun NYC, don't ya know!

Just search for SNL Paterson on Youtube! AWE CRAP! Youtube has blocked the videos now! LMAO

Here it is in all of its politcally incorrect -ness...
http://www.blackbottom.com/watch.php?v=hfRzod0W6NY

old skool luvr 10-28-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by W2JGA (Post 258907)
Question is, what is NY going to do with all this extra money? Nevermind, I won't bother. They're lying anyway.:icon_no:

they're gonna use the extra money to hire a consultant, who is gonna come up with new ways that they can get more money from you.

aren't you glad you asked? hahahahaha!

ABN31B 10-28-2009 06:40 PM

$268 to drive in toronto for 2 years?! F THAT! wait... CD or USD? if it's CD it doesn't really count...

old skool luvr 10-28-2009 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 258918)
$268 to drive in toronto for 2 years?! F THAT! wait... CD or USD? if it's CD it doesn't really count...

Chuck U Farley! and yeah that's Canadian. our "pretty" money still does count as money ya know!

ABN31B 10-28-2009 09:08 PM

I though you guys traded in socialized medical care, syrup, bearded hugs, and low milage Blazers :D
"Two bearded hugs for your Pepsi!" "Um... I'll pass thanks...."

old skool luvr 10-28-2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 258957)
I though you guys traded in socialized medical care, syrup, bearded hugs, and low milage Blazers :D
"Two bearded hugs for your Pepsi!" "Um... I'll pass thanks...."

sorry, we don't say the "P" word in my house. now go wash your mouth out with soap young man! and we don't trade out Maple Syrup, we sell it for big bucks!!

ABN31B 10-28-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 258961)
we don't trade out Maple Syrup, we sell it for big bucks!!

LOL! Too true! And with those big bucks you pay inflated registration fees! its a vicious cycle!

96Blazernut 10-28-2009 10:15 PM

As a former resident of the Peoples Republic of New York, I am glad I got out of there. Every tax you could think of and some you've never heard of are all going up.

Here in New Hampshire it will cost you about $200 a year for plates. But we have no sales or income tax. So its much better here. Property taxes are high but that's all these Eastern Seaboard States.

old skool luvr 10-29-2009 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 258978)
LOL! Too true! And with those big bucks you pay inflated registration fees! its a vicious cycle!

DAMN! you figured it out! now, you have to die before you can tell anyone else...............

ABN31B 10-29-2009 06:41 PM

:icon_couchhide:
*ducks and reaches for a .357 (shells in, no evidence bitches!) every time a maple leaf-emblazoned blazer drives by playing 'Oh Canada'*

old skool luvr 10-29-2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 259150)
:icon_couchhide:
*ducks and reaches for a .357 (shells in, no evidence bitches!) every time a maple leaf-emblazoned blazer drives by playing 'Oh Canada'*

wouldn't do you any good, i move way to fast! :icon_moped:

neo71665 10-29-2009 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 258906)
so, it'll cost you $268 for 2 years of driving, if you live in Toronto.

feel better now?

Thats what $25.95 US? lol

LuvMyTJ 10-29-2009 08:32 PM

I just renewed my truck & my NYS Commercial drivers license yesterday. The cost of all DMV related fee's went up 25% 2 months ago. It was $77.25 to transfer plates and $172.50 for my license renewal.
And guess what? An additional fee adopted in this year's state budget is inspiring a lot of road rage. Starting in April 2010, all drivers in New York will be required to buy brand new license plates at $25 a set, regardless of whether they're driving a new car or not. That's $10 more than the current price. If you want to keep your same license plate number, it will cost you another $20. Why do we need new plates? The state claims this is for safety because the reflectivity on many of the license plates issued in 2001 has worn out. But what about states like Delaware that have had the same plates since 1970? I think it's another way for the state to get more money. There are 12 million registered drivers in the state, and the State Department of Motor Vehicles estimates this will bring in $129 million. This is just one of more than 100 fees that were adopted in last year's budget to satisfy the insatiable desire of New York City Democrat state leaders to spend the money of hard-working New Yorkers.
Ok, now everybody sing... "I love NY!"

old skool luvr 10-29-2009 08:32 PM

hey dj, wanna buy some Maple Syrup?

neo71665 10-29-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 259170)
hey dj, wanna buy some Maple Syrup?

Thanks but I a gallon of it in the fridge my aunt sent me, some maple booze also.

96Blazernut 10-29-2009 08:58 PM

TJ I feel your pain. That is exactly the reason I moved out of state. I couldn't afford it anymore.

All they want to do is take your money. Let's not mention the property and school taxes!!!

ABN31B 10-30-2009 12:27 AM

States like Delaware dont have new license plates because:
1) it's unsafe
2) who the hell lives in Delaware?
3) C'mon...they're DELAWARE... they are America's Canada ...

neo71665 10-30-2009 12:30 AM

Oh damn. To get back on tract, new plates here are went up from a whopping $20 to 24.

blazerguy22 10-30-2009 09:20 AM

it costs me 202 to renew my plates for 2 years here in fl. 71 per year and an extra 27 for my specialty tags each year

blazerguy22 10-30-2009 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 258933)
Chuck U Farley! and yeah that's Canadian. our "pretty" money still does count as money ya know!

Canadian Money is also known as the Looney. HOW IN THE BLUE HELL CAN YOU GUYS TAKE YOUR MONEY SERIOUSLY. I MEAN WTF ..... OVER

ABN31B 10-30-2009 11:31 AM

I think mine were $60 for specialty plates, 2 year reg. I had to pay some fee to transfer the vehicle from NC to Oregon, but it was minimal. BONUS: ducked out of DEQ because my home of record address is still out in the sticks! :icon_teeth:

old skool luvr 10-30-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 259231)
States like Delaware dont have new license plates because:
1) it's unsafe
2) who the hell lives in Delaware?
3) C'mon...they're DELAWARE... they are America's Canada ...

Originally Posted by blazerguy22 (Post 259277)
Canadian Money is also known as the Looney. HOW IN THE BLUE HELL CAN YOU GUYS TAKE YOUR MONEY SERIOUSLY. I MEAN WTF ..... OVER

you know, you two can do what my wife does on a regular basis (what's the slang for a supercharger? :icon_laugh:)

you guys make jokes about Canada, and all, but ALL of you want our women & our Maple Syrup. just remember which goes on top of the other, eh. :icon_laugh::icon_laugh:

i guess our Twoonie really has you confused then Ian.

if you want, i'll send both of ya a PM of our "new" counterfit currency being designed (it figures Quebec has the nicest bill).

LuvMyTJ 10-30-2009 07:39 PM

Some Americans (like me :) ) know that a Looney is $1 and a Tooney is $2 (Just how do they jam that little coin in the middle of the big coin?).
I know this because they ALWAYs are sure to give me plenty of them in my change. Of course US banks do not accept foreign coinage. I started a jar of "funny money" for my trips to the great white north. I got some Canadian money as change recently... I didn't know you changed it!

old skool luvr 10-30-2009 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ (Post 259403)
Some Americans (like me :) ) know that a Looney is $1 and a Tooney is $2 (Just how do they jam that little coin in the middle of the big coin?).
..........I got some Canadian money as change recently... I didn't know you changed it!

you're missing one of them. you need to go to Quebec. besides getting some of their Maple Syrup, you should go to a bank and get yourself on of these (the exchange rate should make it pocket change for you guys). as for the two piece Twoonie, it's a National secret, can't tell you (only the Mint & TTC have the secret)

LuvMyTJ 10-30-2009 08:39 PM

Hey, can ya send me that last one? I need it for my "funny money" jar. I have the other two taped to the outside of it! LOL!

PS - why no smilie faces? LOL!

old skool luvr 10-30-2009 08:59 PM

sure i can. how about we exchange on for the other?

sorry, i wanted to post it quick. besides, i figured your smile when seeing it would be good enough for ya.
lucky i didn't paste in the original, i'm sure i would've got a major :icon_slap2: for that.

LuvMyTJ 10-30-2009 09:25 PM

You can e-mail me thru my site right on the first page, just click the button you'll find there. http://www.luvmytj.com
No problem. I will send ya the unedited versions. ;)

old skool luvr 10-30-2009 09:37 PM

email? how do you email money??? :icon_laugh:

ABN31B 10-30-2009 11:36 PM

Silly canadians.... Pay Pal, duh!

96Blazernut 10-31-2009 10:17 AM

And how did this turn into a discussion about Canadian money anyway? I wish our money looked like those!!!!

LuvMyTJ 10-31-2009 11:07 AM

Well, we were talking about cost - cost = money - money in Canada is sexy.
See, simple. :icon_shrug:

ABN31B 10-31-2009 03:41 PM

our money does look like that. when you are about 65-70 years old, get good and drunk, and squint a ben franklin.... he's at least a 6!

old skool luvr 10-31-2009 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 259472)
Silly canadians.... Pay Pal, duh!

screw Pay Pal, i want cold hard cash!

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut (Post 259527)
And how did this turn into a discussion about Canadian money anyway? I wish our money looked like those!!!!

:D

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ (Post 259540)
Well, we were talking about cost - cost = money - money in Canada is sexy.
See, simple. :icon_shrug:

:icon_goofygrin:

Originally Posted by ABN31B (Post 259577)
our money does look like that. when you are about 65-70 years old, get good and drunk, and squint a ben franklin.... he's at least a 6!

i'm really begining to wonder about you, ya know...........:icon_nut:

W2JGA 11-01-2009 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ (Post 259169)
And guess what? An additional fee adopted in this year's state budget is inspiring a lot of road rage. Starting in April 2010, all drivers in New York will be required to buy brand new license plates at $25 a set,

I guess that extra $12.50 that I pay keeps me exempted from having to get those new plates. :icon_dance-cpatch:
Nice having amateur radio plates!

Great, I guess I get to look forward to renewing my Class A license in 2011.:icon_shrug:

NY thinks it's unsafe having our current plates? Yea, ok. Here are 2 reasons why NY is requiring everyone to buy new plates.
1. NY politicians need more money. Nuff said.
2. It's a gimmick. The ONLY main reason why NY want's to swap out new tags is because the older ones don't really reflect police laser guns all that well. NY thinks, well lets put new plates on all the cars so the NYSP can write more speeding tickets. This also falls into reason #1.

old skool luvr 11-01-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by W2JGA (Post 259782)
NY thinks it's unsafe having our current plates? Yea, ok. Here are 2 reasons why NY is requiring everyone to buy new plates.
1. NY politicians need more money. Nuff said.
2. It's a gimmick. The ONLY main reason why NY want's to swap out new tags is because the older ones don't really reflect police laser guns all that well. NY thinks, well lets put new plates on all the cars so the NYSP can write more speeding tickets. This also falls into reason #1.

of course.

ABN31B 11-01-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by W2JGA (Post 259782)
reflect police laser guns

OMG! they dumped the Glocks for https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...er%2520Gun.JPG these?

Photo Enforced speeding and photo enforced traffic lights are the only things that care about reflectivity of the plate, thats why the nixxed the covers that protect you. you can still get the spray paint that makes your plates blurry on photos though. illegal, but available.