Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Next Time Your Buying Milk And Bread....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

That is sweet man! How did you get into photography? I just picked up a A300 because I've always wanted to get into photography. Your pictures are great and make me want to get better.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Starting Member
CH@Dbee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
That is sweet man! How did you get into photography? I just picked up a A300 because I've always wanted to get into photography. Your pictures are great and make me want to get better.
my grandfather was a photographer when i was a kid and i always thought it was interesting, i bought a $400 point and shoot from best buy to take "nice" pictures of my cars and i got addicted lol

Old 10-12-2009, 12:37 PM

That is cool. Got any recommendation for a newbie?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Starting Member

That is cool. Got any recommendation for a newbie?
join photography forums and ask for HARSH criticism of your photos...most of your friends and family as well as people on automotive forums will tell you the photos are good but they suck trust me, i have been shooting for 4 years and despite what most people think, my stuff sucks...im no where near where i want to be.

buy a DVD on your camera model, if you dont know your camera inside and out you will never get everything out of it.

read photography books that have good reviews

read photoshop books and watch photoshop videos online, its almost 2010....photoshop is a HUGE part of photography now, accept that or get left behind!

i leaned alot from this site......
http://digital-photography-school.com/

have fun with it

Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
join photography forums and ask for HARSH criticism of your photos...most of your friends and family as well as people on automotive forums will tell you the photos are good but they suck trust me, i have been shooting for 4 years and despite what most people think, my stuff sucks...im no where near where i want to be.

buy a DVD on your camera model, if you dont know your camera inside and out you will never get everything out of it.

read photography books that have good reviews

read photoshop books and watch photoshop videos online, its almost 2010....photoshop is a HUGE part of photography now, accept that or get left behind!

i leaned alot from this site......
http://digital-photography-school.com/

have fun with it
Thanks for that link. I have been messing with photoshop for a few years so I accepted that much so far.

One last question, what forums do you recommend?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for that link. I have been messing with photoshop for a few years so I accepted that much so far.

One last question, what forums do you recommend?
"photography on the net" is a canon forum but its the biggest out there and the brand doesnt really matter, its more about what you do with it. if you intrested in automotive stuff check out "mycanikon" and then see if there are some sony forums out there, you might be able to pick up some good lenses for cheap in the for sale section

Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

congrats brother. where were you when you got that shot?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
congrats brother. where were you when you got that shot?
i was at road atlanta for the "formula drift" competition. i had a media pass so i was up at the top where the cars start their run and this car did a quick burn out before he went to the starting line. he happened to do the burnout right past me....i was like 5 feet from the car as he was roasting the tires past me. it was pretty much awesome lol

Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Here are some samples of my work.... I have some other ones... but i dont let those out on the net....

Attached Thumbnails Next Time Your Buying Milk And Bread....-dsc_0115.jpg   Next Time Your Buying Milk And Bread....-dsc_0003.jpg   Next Time Your Buying Milk And Bread....-dsc_0002.jpg   Next Time Your Buying Milk And Bread....-dsc_0502.jpg   Next Time Your Buying Milk And Bread....-dsc_0110.jpg  

Old 10-16-2009, 01:35 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

whose double nickel is that?

Quick Reply: Next Time Your Buying Milk And Bread....