Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

NFL Draft

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road
Default NFL Draft

What are your thoughts on the 2010 NFL Draft?

Personally, I'm excited as a Bucs fan to see McCoy. He said in an interview around the time of the Combine that he was a Bucs fan growing up because he liked Sapp so much. Glad to see how excited he was when he got that call.

Wth was Buffalo thinking to get Spiller that early in the draft?

Old 04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to see three players from the WAC get drafted, first round even. I'm looking forward to this fall.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Phil

Wth was Buffalo thinking to get Spiller that early in the draft?

Idk, they drafted another running back instead of getting an offensive linemen or quarter back that they really need. It's gonna be another long season. I wouldn't be surprised if they use spiller for special teams. It seems for the past couple of years they have been trying to find someone to replace Steve Tasker ever since he retired. lol..

But I was surprised to see Tebow go in the first round.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Detroit Lions superbowl 2011!!!! haha....i wish

Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I'm really happy to see Tebow go to the Broncos (HUGE Broncos fan here) but amazed at what they gave up to get him. It will be interesting to see how he fits into the scheme of things over the next couple of years.

My brother thinks he will work around the offense in different positions but I know that Tebow wants to play QB. With his work ethic and determination I believe he'll get there.

On a side note, I've never understood the Tebow haters. The kid accomplished more in his college career than just about any other player before. He is a proven leader and a gifted athlete. Oh, and he believes in God. Are those character flaws?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
On a side note, I've never understood the Tebow haters. The kid accomplished more in his college career than just about any other player before. He is a proven leader and a gifted athlete. Oh, and he believes in God. Are those character flaws?
Very well put, I have always liked Tebow.

But anyways, I was very unhappy that Carolina didnt have any first round picks but Im glad we picked up Clausen.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
I'm really happy to see Tebow go to the Broncos (HUGE Broncos fan here) but amazed at what they gave up to get him. It will be interesting to see how he fits into the scheme of things over the next couple of years.

My brother thinks he will work around the offense in different positions but I know that Tebow wants to play QB. With his work ethic and determination I believe he'll get there.

ESPN reported that the coach for the Broncos (Josh McDaniels? IDK I stopped remembering coaches names after I quite playing Madden) said that he brought Tebow in to play QB, not h-back or anything else.

And yeah, he's a really nice guy. I met him at UF when I visited a friend there about 2 years ago when Tebow won the Heisman. Tebow actually talked with people and took pictures and everything. Also, there have been a good number of people who have said that he has pulled over to help them when they're broken down. One elderly couple said he changed a tire for them. I like Tim Tebow, but I'm a bit skeptical of if he makes it in the NFL. I hope he goes on to be a multi-time MVP though.