The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

No longer have the Blazer :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

I don't know why either. I was thinking about that too so I told my lawyer about it too and he will go with me on Monday to try to get it back to my house for no money. Found out that kid didn't have no insurance at all. So I am taking him to court to sue him for it.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

That blows big time. Im sure we don't care if you don't have a blazer. I have one, but I haven't driven it in years and it just sits in my garage collecting dust, but the guys here have not banished me.

Good luck with the Durango, the exhaust studs breaking off is a real problem with them when the motor mounts start to wear out...

Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Starting Member
Rumblur is on a distinguished road

I have always been a Dodge guy, still own two mid 90's Dakotas. I would've had a Durango instead of a Blazer, except for 2 things...#1, no V6 and #2, they are such good trucks nobody sells them till they are destroyed. The other thing I did not want was anything made post-Mercedes buyout. Those germans.... worst engineers on earth. If your new vehicle has an engine that that ends in .7 - you may be in for a world of hurt. They have big time oiling problems. If you can get that under control, which is possible, you'll have a fine vehicle. If you've got a 5.2 or 5.9, you're in good shape to have a 300k mile truck!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chevyracingfan23
I don't have my Blazer anymore. It is totaled from a crazy high school kid drifted right into my Blazer at my house today. So now I have a 2003 Dodge Durango. I was just wonder if I have to be off from this website now since I don't have a Blazer anymore?

I have an '03 Durango and I love it.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 AM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I had a 06 Dakota SLT 4.7l 5spd std, rare truck I was told because of the SLT -std trans combo
The thing was a huge gas pig , didnt matter if you drove it like it was stolen or like Grandma on the way to church on sunday

I had a heck of a time getting the dealer to fix the leaking valve covers under warranty
Stock valve covers were magnesium and corroded threw by exhaust manifold
I ended up taking it to another dealer after the first dealer said they had changed the valve cover gaskets and I could still smell oil burning off
Second dealership said the covers had never been off replaced the one side with an updated plastic valve cover .
The second dealer advised me to come back a week later and complain again and they would do the other side before warranty was up

Old 02-24-2013, 12:47 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Combining your two threads on the same subject*
Originally Posted by chevyracingfan23
...I was just wonder if I have to be off from this website now since I don't have a Blazer anymore?
Nope, you're still a member. We just don't deal with questions about the Dodge since, well you know...

Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Can I vote this person off? Trader LOL JK!

Old 02-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rumblur
I have always been a Dodge guy, still own two mid 90's Dakotas. I would've had a Durango instead of a Blazer, except for 2 things...#1, no V6 and #2, they are such good trucks nobody sells them till they are destroyed. The other thing I did not want was anything made post-Mercedes buyout. Those germans.... worst engineers on earth. If your new vehicle has an engine that that ends in .7 - you may be in for a world of hurt. They have big time oiling problems. If you can get that under control, which is possible, you'll have a fine vehicle. If you've got a 5.2 or 5.9, you're in good shape to have a 300k mile truck!

Since when is there no V-6 in a Durango? The early ones had a 3.9 V-6 available. Not many were sold so there aren't many used ones but they were built.

As for other things to drive, besides a '96 Blazer, I've got an '01 Ram 2500, '07 Focus, '55 T-bird and an '06 Yamaha Silverado. I've also got a '98 Taurus waiting for the new owner to get their taxes and pick it up. Yes, they all run and drive.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Starting Member
Rumblur is on a distinguished road

There are so few, there might as well be none. It was a one year only option and few were made... so when I was looking they didnt exist around here. The 1st gen Durangos are such good trucks, that nobody sells them till they are wore out. I have never seen one for sale in what I'd call decent condition, for a fair price.

Those pre-MB Dodge trucks are probably the best on the road as far as drivetrains go.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
Can I vote this person off? Trader LOL JK!

i could almost do it all with emoticons. funny though. we dont want to lose his experience.

Quick Reply: No longer have the Blazer :(