Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

ORD out of business???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough
Default ORD out of business???

what happened to ORD(offroad direct)was looking for parts and no online store, WTF???

Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Their homepage explains it all.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

iam hoping that who ever purchaced all the tooling will restart output.
im still undecieded on SAS or Superlift FIT system, but the coil spring
SAS looked really cool from ORD..
Does Any one have any idea if production will resume?

Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 AM
oldsbravada2000 is on a distinguished road

Even if someone buys the rights to all of the tools and patented designs it can be years before they may start production because of startup costs. Companies like that come and go. its too time consuming and costs too much to make and sell these kits and they can never make back the money it costs to run and make these kits and the companies give up and sell the rights. Most people don't realize what is involved in making these kits. it takes them up to 3 weeks to make one and even then they can't garuntee it is going to fit perfectly on your vehicle. Just custom make them like everyone else does and if you can't then you don't really have much business buying this kit in the first place. it still requires welding and some major modifications. Sure their kit was all bolt on but thats JUST the brakets, you still have to weld the SOA setup on the rearend and extend brakelines then bleed brakes you also have to get an alignment when you are all done. Depending on what axle you go with for the front can determine how much custom steering linkage you will have to make and a lot of times you have to make a custom tranny crosmeber because the driveshaft angle is too steep. There is a lot involved this isnt something you can just do over the weekend. it can take months to finish. if you dont know how to do it then pay someone to do it for you, you'd be better off. Sorry for rambling but I have been through this first hand. thought I was a hot shot that knew what it took but got it all apart and had no freaking clue. and onces its apart there ain't no going back.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

^omfg!! yes tell me about it, i thought i had every part but steering and DS but no, was wrong big time, not even that the kit ord had did not line up, on the rear shackle hangers lined up. you are really better off finding the dimesons of the kit *31.5 center to center for the springs there you go get building* and making it yourself, plenty of people have done coil setups aswell as coilovers +rockwells. you cant just bolt this on and call it good, you need a good amount of research, tools, parts etc etc SAS means spend and spend

Old 08-09-2012, 02:06 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to build my own kit just like ord made but can't find much info on the dimensions for it all.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:18 PM

keep searching, you will find all the info you need, there is just a lot of
homework first,or just spend a lot of$$$ at a 4x4 shop and have them do it...
there are a few sites that offer a lot of info, s10extremist.org
and s10forum.com are two off the bat. 4x4pirate also has some info
and the zr2 forum also has a bit of info, so just keep plugging at it...
I personally have desided that im not a rock crawler, and definatly not
hard core, so a Superlift 6"or BDS 5" will do just fine for me...

Old 08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

since buying my cruze my blazer has been sitting. it is now just a toy for me to play with, so i want to do this swap and learn some stuff. I have all the stuff needed to fab and weld with. I will be checking those sites and gathering info on doing it. I always look forward to a challenge.