Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Quick check in

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Quick check in

So to keep this brief, Hey guys and gals! What's been up? It's been a while since my last triumphant return, and this is only a check in, but I see some changes already...
i'm diggin' the new search bar on the main page, good call

What have i been up too? Oh, living out in the sticks (google "Welches, Oregon") and struggeling through life. Still separated from the wife and kiddles, still dying a little each day at work, still wrenching on my ride. most recently i:
Replaced all of my euro-trash lights with good old OEM ones.
Replaced my ghetto grillzzzzz with an OEM one.
Finally got some snow, so I used my 4wd to bind up the gears in my TC because the fluid had so much water in it, it looked like pink shaving cream.
Had problems stopping due to both of my rear calipers being frozen and the pads being gone (fronts were tip top though).

When that nonsense was finally under control, I tried to start her up and heard the starter whizz like it was all alone under there...

tehnically it was. Remember when i split my engine block around halloween? Well the trick with the SBC starter brace (on the back side of the starter) worked until the big freeze we had last month. with low temps, and hot engines due to the longer drive that crack went full-on split mode and now my engine is toast.

So i'm in the middle of tracking down engine #3 for this pig. ahh the joys of owning my blazer...

Last edited by ABN31B; 04-15-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

well glad to see you are still kickin.

it seems when it rains it pours...sorry to read all this man.
stick with it, it cant be easy on ya, but you can prevail.

guess we wont recognize your ride when you start posting up again...well that is if you havent bedlinered the new mods

stick with it man, like i said happy to see your still around.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about the family situation, also sorry to hear about engine #2 going... Your blazer is hinting that it wants a 350...

Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man your luck is about as bad as mine right now. I just posted up whats going on in my life too just a few minutes ago!