Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Rally Racing. Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:56 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Rally Racing. Woohoo!

Anyone know what rally racing is? It's so awesome, I just went to one today.

http://craigps.webs.com/apps/blog/sh...k-was-a-blast-

Coming back to another one later this year also.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:45 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Awesome. I went to the Rally of New Zealand years ago. It was in the upper North Island.
That was in the days that Ari Vatanan in the Toyota Celica was champ. Exiting stuff. Got soaked inn the rain.

Wow, just realised when loading the pics that was back in '93!!

Attached Thumbnails Rally Racing. Woohoo!-1993-07-044-new-zealand.jpg   Rally Racing. Woohoo!-1993-07-045-new-zealand.jpg  
Old 10-04-2009, 02:00 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Awesome sport!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Lol, I'm looking forward for the video game Dirt 2 to be released... I'm what you would call a couch-rally racer lmao.

It's just so impressive to see these guys driving the way they do, Nascar isn't driving, rally/drift is driving.

(OH, I know I'm gonna get shot for that Nascar comment.)

Old 10-04-2009, 12:30 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
Lol, I'm looking forward for the video game Dirt 2 to be released... I'm what you would call a couch-rally racer lmao.

It's just so impressive to see these guys driving the way they do, Nascar isn't driving, rally/drift is driving.

At least rally drivers can all turn right LOL.
I agree though...the way they can control their cars is nuts. Especially given what they drive on.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain

Dirt 2 is already out!

I've rented it, beat it, and returned it already. It was fun!

Old 10-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

I use to race rallycross in the UK. I raced in a class called two litre unlimited which basically ment as long as the car had a 2.0L naturally-aspirated engine it could be any car you liked. I raced a 1974 Mini with a 2.0L Ford engine in the back of it. I've added a link that would better explain the sport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rallycross

I was only a amateur but was, at one point, going to turn pro but got into an accident and had to give it all up.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Wow, Rallycross is intense lol. The mix of pavement and dirt makes things pretty interesting, trying to find a good setup for the two.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:32 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

RallyCross is an event anyone can join and you race around cones, helps you get better at ralling for those who never did before. Wikipedia has no idea what they are talking about :P

I love rally, going to the next event at the end of the month. Gonna rock!

Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
RallyCross is an event anyone can join and you race around cones, helps you get better at ralling for those who never did before. Wikipedia has no idea what they are talking about :P

I love rally, going to the next event at the end of the month. Gonna rock!

Anyone can join.......race around cones........but but

I feel insulted!

Quick Reply: Rally Racing. Woohoo!