Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Ran over my girlfriend today

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Beginning Member
tech0821 is on a distinguished road
Default Ran over my girlfriend today

At least I wish I did. Just need to vent...does anyone else in here just have one of those women who just manage to steal all your free time and keep you away from what you intend on doing for the day? Today I went shopping, and got her nails done, and oh I forgot...more shopping. Screw it...I'll lay down..someone run over my head. I just wanna mess with my truck and savange scrap yards for parts and tinker on motorcycles but no...someone shoot me. Probably won't happen so I'll just go drink myself drunk till she can't stand me. Thanks everyone...I needed to talk.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Ive got a wife thats similar. We have 6 kids. Sometimes I just wanna play with my toys, play some call of duty, or take a nap. I cant have time for any of that, but she can play on facebook for hours... Arguing about it is pointless. I work hard 16hr shifts 4 days sometimes 5 per week to pay for the nice house we all live in, BOTH of our new trucks (those 3 alone is just over 3G per month) and all she has to pay is buy food and pay all the utilities (1500 maybe) and she wants to cut the satellite channels down and knock the high speed internet down to regular so she doesnt have to pay so much cause I get on her **** big time when she throws $200 at a $320 power bill (I open the bills and go ape if she shorts them ever). I dont get that option... If I dont pay in full, we lose the house, or trucks. I also pay all the insurance yearly on the house and cars, and I pay for the health benefits for everyone. I cant get her to use her computer to help bring in extra money to make things easier, instead she thinks the answer is to cut the things I enjoy down to make it easier on herself. Shes one of those women that thinks being a mom is the hardest job on earth. I think its a joke, I have no problem hanging with all the kids all day doing fun stuff when shes busy with other things. The older 4 go to school, the babies nap twice a day. What a life, you mean I can also take 2 naps during the day, watch TV and play on the internet till the kids get home from school? What a life... Sure beats driving a truck allover the country hand bombing 30,000 pounds of stuff all week...

I take flak everytime I buy myself a truck part, like Im waasting money... My stuffs paid in full, up to date, always. My credit cards arent overdue, nobody calls me for payments. If I want to spend the extra money I work hard for, she should shut her mouth. I didnt hear her complain when I bought her a $300 sewing machine the other day when her old junker one broke down. But man did she complain when I bought myself an exhaust system that was "pointless"... Its not pointless, it makes me happy and things that make me happy keep me sane.

Some arguments you just cant win brother. Women are a stupid beast most of the time. You just gotta judge whether life would be better with or without her, and bite your tongue if you didnt choose the latter. Another thing that helped, is to learn how to do what you want anyways, and ignore her comments about it since it doesnt concern her. They only mouth off when their complaints are even aknowledged. Dont aknowledge, and they stop saying anything. The only other option is to go for dudes... It works for some people I guess. I know I would probably get along better with a husband than a wife, but y'know... Stovepiping just aint my thing. It all just makes me think of my life over a decade ago where I was single, no kids, sweet apartment, nightclub job on the side, and tail tail tail tail tail all the time... Where did it all go?

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-30-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I dont think Id ever wanna get married or have a gf again LOl I gotta admit I think I would go crazy and just leave.

Question tho Why does she need you to go shopping and to get her nails done? Does she have her own vehicle?

Old 03-30-2013, 05:48 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Ive been with my girlfriend for 8 years, and I love her more than anything, she enjoys everything I do and I enjoy everything she does, we have lived together for all 8 years, and have spent every day together. We would not have it any other way. I guess I am just lucky.

It helps that we both have mutual friends, and that she loves working on the truck, same music, drinking the same alcohol. I am just lucky.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:18 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Hey, we all have to sacrifice some time in our day to accommodate our other half, whether that be a girlfriend or wife. But she also needs to understand you both have different interests or hobbies. She likes shopping and you like working/tinkering with your truck. Maybe talk with her and tell her you feel like you don't have any time to pursue your hobbies and you'd like time for that. Just saying... Everyone needs their away time from their significant other.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Hey, we all have to sacrifice some time in our day to accommodate our other half, whether that be a girlfriend or wife. But she also needs to understand you both have different interests or hobbies. She likes shopping and you like working/tinkering with your truck. Maybe talk with her and tell her you feel like you don't have any time to pursue your hobbies and you'd like time for that. Just saying... Everyone needs their away time from their significant other.

What a perfect way to put it

Old 03-30-2013, 07:27 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

We have no kids but a dog that eats up a lot of our time

a relationship isnt 50-50 ,it has to be 100-100
I do things that my wife has no interest but she goes along to make me happy
Sometimes I have to do things she wants that I dont want to

Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Great way to put it tibby.

I honestly, in the 8 years I have been with her, have had to sacrifice anything. and she has not either. Its really weird how perfect we are for each other. 8 year coming up in 18 days. many many more to come.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

I was with the same gal for 18 years. She tried some of that when we first met. I didn't mind going shopping with her, to a certain extent. When she started waking me up in the middle of the day on my week of third shift for minor things (shopping for drapes for her daughters apartment) I started eating a lot of Cheerios.I love oats but they don't like me. Think eating a lot of cheese and wash it down witb lots of beer and then wait for the next day. After I cleared a whole department at Target, she quit having me go shopping with her. No cross words, just no invites to go shopping.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member
tech0821 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
After I cleared a whole department at Target, she quit having me go shopping with her. No cross words, just no invites to go shopping.
You are a god! Shopping today wasn't bad at first, we were picking up a few things for our daughter for Easter, after the nails though....I was ready for beer.

Quick Reply: Ran over my girlfriend today