Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Rant Of The Day. Reese Trailer Hitch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Beginning Member
Striker911 is on a distinguished road
Default Rant Of The Day. Reese Trailer Hitch.

Due to my wonderful luck I have changed my avatar to reflect how I feel at any given point almost every day. Its always something.

Bought this from walmart. Looks easy. WRONG!!!! If you have to change the ball your problems start. The lock washer eats the metal like a cheese grater. So I went back to the store and they don't sell just the adjustable part so I can put a different ball on it. Called reese and they don't. The dude just said that no one had ever had an issue. Really?

So my only option is to buy two more so I can have all three ball sizes ready to go.
Buy an adjustable ball.
Or go god knows how long and send in my only hitch so they can take a look at it.

What a crock of ****

Old 05-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Starting Member
InsanePyro is on a distinguished road

Walmart. Theres your problem

Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Beginning Member

Rite. I feel like I am shopping at ebay every time I go. I just unpacked a clay shooter from the same place and my god man. 3 things wrong with it.

I think WM did the deal on 95% of the things we all buy. No one strives for quality anymore. The only thing looked at is how can it be made for less so a profit can be made. Sad. Thanks WM.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:40 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

ive seen them sell 3 way ***** you can just spin around to go the sizes you need. i actually have what you meantioned, differnt ball sizes i can just slide in. ive collected so much garbage over the years. i usually just keep the 1 7/8 and 2 inch in the truck the bigger one stays in the garage. but yeah geting that ball off can suck sometimes

Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by abig84
ive seen them sell 3 way ***** you can just spin around to go the sizes you need. i actually have what you meantioned, differnt ball sizes i can just slide in. ive collected so much garbage over the years. i usually just keep the 1 7/8 and 2 inch in the truck the bigger one stays in the garage. but yeah geting that ball off can suck sometimes
I wanted to buy the 3 way but none where made in a drop configuration. Im not lifted yet. Was just trying to think ahead.

So when you take the nut off your hitch the lock washer doesn't filet the hitch portion? Mine has thick gouges that run deep in the metal.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Honestly I would be afraid to haul more than a small boat or lawnmower with that hitch. I'm not a fan of adjustable ones but that one looks weak.

Something like this looks way stronger

The ball I use on my drop hitch swaps out

Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

On my dads truck we have whats called an adjust-a-ball which is similar to what neo posted. Or you can go with what we have in his van, a dozen different sizes and drops so we are always prepared. One of them is listed as a 9" drop that we flipped upside down for a raised hitch for our car hauler.
Best bet is to go to a farm or tractor supplier or an good RV dealer.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Striker, check out what I found, may help ya some. Adjustable Tri-ball Trailer Hitch

Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the advise guys. I think I def need to get the all in one ball in the least. At this point I only tow a truck bed trailer, or a small boat. I dont think I should tow anything supper heavy with a K5 due to the short wheel base. When I get a car hauler in the future, I plan on a anti sway set. WM does not sell a all in one. At least not in the store I go to. Dang WM.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by AuSSenseiter
Striker, check out what I found, may help ya some. Adjustable Tri-ball Trailer Hitch
Now thats the set up I should have got. Live and learn.

Quick Reply: Rant Of The Day. Reese Trailer Hitch.