Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Rims *almost* ruined this morning - venting

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 PM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

it was probably better to avoid her than to let her hit you, i got hit about three and a half years ago it was not my fault and my insurance still when up. they said that since i got hit it was more likely that i would get hit again (you know "statistically") so they jacked my rates up, what a rip off huh ?

Old 10-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SmokeDogg
it was probably better to avoid her than to let her hit you, i got hit about three and a half years ago it was not my fault and my insurance still when up. they said that since i got hit it was more likely that i would get hit again (you know "statistically") so they jacked my rates up, what a rip off huh ?
Wow thats faulked up

Old 10-30-2009, 12:18 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Damn, who insures you? Thats F-ed up big time. I use USAA. My wife got side swiped about 4 years ago (lane change into the side of her, runs in the family I guess) and our rates didn't move. 2 years later, they actually went down some.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:44 AM
GMJimmy is on a distinguished road

Well I'm glad the Blazer made it out okay. I work in the mountains, and I swear, the lower the elevation, the worse drivers get. Or perhaps there are just more of them.

And throwing the hands up in the air means she had no idea what she did wrong. If she had no idea what she did wrong, she's not a good driver. If she's not a good driver, she should have her license revoked.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:51 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

never avoid people let them hit you no point in screwing up your truck and paying out of your own pocket to fix it

Old 10-30-2009, 12:52 AM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

i forgot what company that was it was a few years back and ive since switched insurance companies for that reason

Old 10-30-2009, 03:21 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Clearly you've never driven in Auckland! LOL

Here they put on their indicators & shift over immediately. All in the same motion - Flick the swicth & turn! The fact that the light blinked momentarily before impact or near collision means they were in the right! Yea, right! I dodge these guys every morning on the way to work. They love to do it on the harbour bridge to be sure they're in the fastest moving lane. That creates a situation where everyone slows up & then the lane they just left becomes faster so they need to change again. And cut off some other poor sod. Crazy!

Old 10-30-2009, 06:31 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by packofqtips
never avoid people let them hit you no point in screwing up your truck and paying out of your own pocket to fix it
good point qtip, but it was an automatic reaction. All my defensive driving training kicked in at that point lol. We're taught to avoid up here...so it was automatic that I swerved.
Oh well, you do have a point. I'm just glad the rims made it out nearly unscathed.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:16 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive taken a philosophy of jamming the horn and not moving it usually works very well with small cars and fairly well with larger truck SUV's and vans

Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
We're taught to avoid up here.
So are we, it just takes one for fool being saddled with the bills to change that 'habit'. Let em clip you, give them more than they gave you (damage wise) and collect the check. Sucks, but that's the way the system works
Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Clearly you've never driven in Auckland!
You know, i just can't get my TomTom to plot a route there... Closest I can get is Chille....

Quick Reply: Rims *almost* ruined this morning - venting