Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

rockauto problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down rockauto problems

I ordered my spider assembly and gaskets from rockauto and they would not take my bank card or credit card.........I had to fill out a security page and put in a password......that didn't work either........called my bank.....they said it was a rock auto problem.......I called RA ,,,,,,they said it was a visa problem.....called visa.........well hell.....I just canceled my order and went to amazon......they were glad to get my money .....

anyone else having problems with RA......??

Old 08-01-2017, 02:52 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by don james
I ordered my spider assembly and gaskets from rockauto and they would not take my bank card or credit card.........I had to fill out a security page and put in a password......that didn't work either........called my bank.....they said it was a rock auto problem.......I called RA ,,,,,,they said it was a visa problem.....called visa.........well hell.....I just canceled my order and went to amazon......they were glad to get my money .....

anyone else having problems with RA......??
Never a problem. Looks like something you did triggered Rock Auto's security radar. But whenever I do have problems online I just use a different card or Paypal and that has always fixed things.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Starting Member

I have a paypal account also.........but i don't keep a lot of money it.....and transfers take three of four days or more.....

I guess both cards must have triggered security???.......The problem that worries me is that i could not talk to anyone that knew how to fix it.....I seem to be running into that problem more and more..........do ya think that people just don't give a hooty toot ...;-)

I have always had good luck with RA .....a lot of their parts are one day for me....[.must be a warehouse in Denver.].............. the order was about 300 bucks.....probably more than i have ever ordered........I imagine I'll give them another try......someday

Old 08-01-2017, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

hopefully your cards havent been hacked

Old 08-01-2017, 07:15 PM
ChuckNTruck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by don james
I have a paypal account also.........but i don't keep a lot of money it.....and transfers take three of four days or more.....

I guess both cards must have triggered security???.......The problem that worries me is that i could not talk to anyone that knew how to fix it.....I seem to be running into that problem more and more..........do ya think that people just don't give a hooty toot ...;-)

I have always had good luck with RA .....a lot of their parts are one day for me....[.must be a warehouse in Denver.].............. the order was about 300 bucks.....probably more than i have ever ordered........I imagine I'll give them another try......someday

I always use paypal for RA orders. I don't have money on my paypal account I just have a credit card linked. So I basically pay with a credit card through paypal.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:33 PM
da67goatman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ChuckNTruck
I always use paypal for RA orders. I don't have money on my paypal account I just have a credit card linked. So I basically pay with a credit card through paypal.

+1 me too

Old 08-02-2017, 09:53 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Had the same problem with a Mastercard. Customer service insisted that all was o.k.

After asking my credit card company they never received the second part of the transaction so the card was never charged.

Cancelled all orders and re-tried after a couple of days to no avail and the same error.

Finally used an AMEX from the same credit card company which worked as always. Nothing ordered after that.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Starting Member

My son did a little research into this and found that RA is having some security problems??.......but didn't know more than that........after I couldn't get a bank card to work, I tried a credit union visa card, and it failed also, soon after i made the charge on that card, i got a call from them and had to provide info that it was me making that charge.....I cancelled the order after that attempt.......

I have had good luck with RA, but never have had to call them with a problem.......I won't waist my time talking to their reps any more......not one of them were willing to go the next step.....but I have a feeling that they didn't know how to do anything else.....

I'll probably give them another try.........I like the selection and their parts layout...

Old 08-05-2017, 06:02 AM
dlundblad is on a distinguished road

I've never had any issues with Rock Auto. It looks like your Visa company was just as confused at Rock Auto too, which isn't helpful.

The only issues I've had were damaged goods that were clearly damaged from shipping. 1 squirrel cage and some air filters.. With the air filters, they just took my word for it and sent me new ones with 1-2 day shipping. The squirrel cage needed to be shipped back which is understandable considering the price.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:10 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I use a site called partsavatar.com and they have never failed me yet. I use my Visa debit. And the delivery is fast too.

Quick Reply: rockauto problems