Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

So....how hard is it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Is Bre contemplating moving to OTTAWA??!?!

My shotgun and 2 rifles sitting in my room are enough house defense for me.

We also have better chips and pop. Went to Florida, go into a McDonalds and all I can get is Coke, Sprite or Pepsi. WTF I WANT ROOTBEER!

Went to a supermarket, couldn't find Dill Pickle, Hoops or Sweet Chili Heat chips. Instead found flavours like Lemon-Lime, Pepper, ect. Ahwahhh!

Now those are reasons to want to move!!

Plus smarties and rockets are less confusing.

WTF was with rotten ronnies getting rid of there orange drink??? that **** pissed me off

Old 09-28-2010, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

So, let me get this straight. Anyone can have a firearm of any kind in Canada, aside from full autos? What was all that in the news about the gov't outlawing guns? I know there is plenty of hunting up there, so I kind of assumed if you are a hunter and could prove it you could keep longarms. But what about sidearms, as in pistols?

Again, not trying to start anything here, just curious. Here in the states you tend to have to sides. Those who will fight to the death for their right to keep and bear arms and those who think no one should have any kind of weapon of any sort.

And, yes, I am one who will not live where I cannot keep and bear arms. Not that I feel my life is in jeapordy at any moment, just one of the rights our Founding Fathers felt the average citizen needed to ensure their freedoms.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Well...
When you buy a fire arm, you need to register it, and be approved from the RCMP and local police to own one.
This law that everyone wants to get rid of, is that you have to register your fire arms AGAIN with the government, tell them where they are, etc... and they have the right at any given time to search your home.
The liberals said this will lower gun crime...well it hasnt.
Since 1995 when this started to go into effect, not one registered gun has ever killed anyone. The stupid arshole liberals dont realize...criminals use stolen and illegal guns...

oh, and no...not everyone can own a gun... The RCMP will not let you own one if they think your a threat. But for the hunters and farmers, thats not an issue.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

There have more than a few bills presented here about registering firearms and each time it has been voted down. I, for one, would refuse to register any of my firearms with any gov't agency for the simple fact that I would be one of the first houses visited if and when the time comes that the gov't decides that the ordinary citizen should no longer have the right.

I can tell you this, if the gov't ever knocked on my front door wanting to see/sieze my firearms, there will be a firefight. I'm not trying to come across as some gun wielding nut but I was raised from a very young age with firearms. I see them as tools, not weapons. Much as I use a wrench to tighten/loosen a nut, I use a rifle to put meat on the table or a pistol to protect my house and family.

I was taught many years ago that you do not aim a firearm at a person as a threat. If you point those sights at someone you pull the trigger. I have yet to come upon a situation where I needed to pull a gun on someone but you had better believe that if that day comes I will not hesitate to pull the trigger.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran

Oh, and as far a health care goes, I pay about $38 a month for my wife and myself. That is complete from head to toe coverage. True, I retired from the US Navy but when I joined up the deal was at the time free health care for the rest of my life (and my dependents). I'd say our health care has been paid for life as my wife racked up almost $200,000 since I've retired. No lines, first rate care and cutting edge technology installed in her chest (little box that keeps her heart in rhythm).

Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

wow! this is great!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:42 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

OK! We've got 2 threads running here!

On the immigration thing - maaaaan would I love to go live up there. lots of snow, mountains etc.

I can imagine the hassle going through the "red tape". And Bre . . just like here, rules are constantly changing. Difficult to keep up with them. And then the cost . . . . wow, the NZ government earn a fortune out of us poor immigrants. Can't recall the numbers, but every time you fill in a form they ask for a big cheque! My wife & I immigrated on the Business Visa basis & had to buy (or set up) a business that will generate jobs for the locals. Then you need to prove you've done market research into the industry, know or understand the tax laws etc, etc. the list goes on. We ended up buying a kitchen cabinet manufacturing company which we had for 4 years before closing it down.

As I've posted recently, after nearly 9 years, (in fact exactly 9 years) we've finally been granted citizenship.

Remember too - The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side!

NOW - On the gun thing. We left South Africa to get away from guns & violence etc. But then it's different there. That's another story - We've been gone 20 years & understand its now 100 times worse. Anyway . . . . . not to continue with jacking this thread.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:20 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'll continue jacking this thread just to clarify on sidearms...

In order to own pistols, you need a "restricted firearms lisense"... you are not allowed to carry a concealed weapon without a special lisense and usually only law enforcement are eligible. The only time you can carry a side arm with you ON YOUR PERSON, not in a case going to the shooting range is if you're a trapper for self defence. I know a trapper and he carries a .44 magnum with him when he's out checking his lines... he dropped a blackbear last year that went to attack him.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:04 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Also, we don't have to register our long rifles. The Libs are trying to bring back the program to require everyone to, but I don't think it's going to pass.

You can own most rifles. They can not be full automatic, and rifles that are full blown machine guns, or look too much like a machine gun are not permitted. The max rounds you are aloud to have in a rifle is 5.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:22 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

come on up its great.

Quick Reply: So....how hard is it?