Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

so uh...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Beginning Member
offroadwnc is on a distinguished road
Default so uh...

did anybody know that you can turn off the automatic headlights by pressing the dome light button 3 times? kinda unsettling to do it on a mountain road at midnight... just thought i might throw that out that out there

Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Not a great idea to shut off your headlights while driving. Especially in the dark.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that is a fairly well documented method, but doesn't work on all of 'em. The models destined for the frigid north (Canada) often did not have this nifty, quick circumvention technique enabled.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Beginning Member
offroadwnc is on a distinguished road

haha i know but see i didnt know about it and i was just messin with the button and then it got real dark real fast lol. Can you get it to stay like that?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. It resets whenever you start it back up. That is unless you trick the ambient light sensor with the appropriately sized resistor.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

My 05 didn't have this... just to back up the statement about Canadian Blazers not necessarily having it...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by offroadwnc
haha i know but see i didnt know about it and i was just messin with the button and then it got real dark real fast lol. Can you get it to stay like that?
I laughed at that part. Yep, you probably shouldn't do that again.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:51 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I don't think it would be such a good idea either.