The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Sorry for my absence...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Sorry for my absence...

Thanks everyone! Well, I still am on a bit of reduced capacity as I can only type for a short while before my wrists and hands start to cramp up. I pulled something in all of the adrenaline fueled work that I was doing in the first 4-6 hours into the incident. I also had minor steam burns on the side of my face/neck and on one of my hands. Mostly irritation and swelling, but no real blistering to speak of.

My crew was working a few feet away from the side of the bin 20 some feet in the air on the platform where the 4 foot diameter burner fan was. When we first got up there, the side of the bin was 450*F. Not too long after we were working up there, cutting inspection holes with a K12 saw and trying anything we could to put water on the fire, the side of the bin showed 750*F on the infrared camera.[sm=yikesomg.gif] We should not have been up there, but it was the only way to stay ahead of the fire somehow until we could get the corn out.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome back Kyle. Glad to hear you are ok.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to have you back and doing OK.