Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Sounthern Ontario members.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:15 PM
BlazeringSaddles is on a distinguished road

Guess I'll be able to "speak the language" fairly well if your all's thread here is any indication. Although I haven't read a Canadian history book in years. Bought a NICE new one recently and as time permits, (when winter arrives that is!--LOL!),

I'll be able to learn more about what will hopefully be my new home one of these years!?! I've always love Canada since childhood, (4 decades ago that is!),as you all still have alot of wilderness, not like down here in the states where our corporations have taken away most of the wild lands to turn a profit as always! I am a bush rat, spending LOTS of time in the bush whenever possible...so unspoiled lands where the dollar is not always top priority appeals to me. Although I hear Canada's corporations are getting pretty "Americanized" that way. Is that true?

You might want to check out my recent post in the Lounge, entitiled "30,000, 300, 000...-etc; that I posted last night after President Obama's TV speech telling us that he would send in 30,000 MORE troop sto an unwinnable conflict (imo). But then I read alot--LMAO---

Cheers! oh, (btw), PLEASE adopt me! I'm one of "The Whitest Kids You Know"

Last edited by BlazeringSaddles; 12-02-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

You are always welcome up here. And theres still plenty of woods you just have to go a bit north. Up in Sudbury area theres plenty of forest still, well really anywhere north, just ask Oktain lol.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

yup so true...i used to live in Orillia, not far from...i miss it up there...for that reason lol close to the off beat path

Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Move back up here

Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
You are always welcome up here. And theres still plenty of woods you just have to go a bit north. Up in Sudbury area theres plenty of forest still, well really anywhere north, just ask Oktain lol.
Thanks for your kindness 'Brother-to-the- North'. I simply wish go live out my last years in an area of beauty, and almost everywhere you go in Canada is STILL beautiful (imo).

Speaking of Sudbury, years ago (in the mid-80's we saw film footage of how plants, shrubs, and possibly trees even grew crooked due to massive amounts of air pollution from local smelters and U.S. air polluting the area too! Is the Sudbury area still suffering from said effects? Hope the babies are born without too many birth defects as a result of such short-sighted quests for profit ?... I understand the need for ores to fuel the massive car-industries on both sides of the borders in that region, but "what price progress", eh?

P.S. Do you have to "bow" to the Royal family in England, or has Canada loosened its chains to the Monarchy?

Last edited by BlazeringSaddles; 12-03-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
you don't need to go that far North. go East of me 1 hr, and a little North, and you'd hardly know that there was a major city half way between us.

and he's already been to Algonquin, so he knows what it's like.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:13 PM

I was born a hundred years too late, so since Canada gained its indepence about 1967, I should fit right in. How are the women? In Montreal they were usually warm to me,and friendly too! But since you all have more of my "Limey" blood (J/K!!)over in Ontario, are the women as "cold" as I've been hearing, or do they still treat men okay? Because they treat men like slime down here in America (imo)...Not much respect between the genders I mean by that basically! *wink*

Last edited by BlazeringSaddles; 12-03-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 PM

I just mean, I like to settle things 'Man-to Man', and you can't have a good fist fight down here without getting sued for "emotional damages" and so on. I have NEVER hit a woman, but if I stay here much longer I might make and "exception" to that rule of mine! ---LMAO---

Old 12-03-2009, 11:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

who says the women here in Ontario are cold?!? some of the warmest honey's around.

and our "special" water down in Toronto seems to be producing some real fine women. this of course is not my biased opinion, but that which was offered up to me years ago by a visiting Albertain.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:52 PM

Thanks oldskool! I remember seeing Karen Baldwin win the 'Miss Universe' pageant back in the early '80's, LONG before the 2 hour show was over! I remembered her name 'cause she "was all that" as the kids say these days right? Some of my family members were watching it and said things like, ...."how can you be SURE she'll win"... I just KNEW it is all. Must be my Celtic blood as she had Auburn hair but the SWEETEST personailty I've seen since for the most part! She certainly got my Scots-Irish blood as well as other parts of me ROCK-HARD!!! (What can I say I was in my mid-twenties then __LMAO!!!---She was drop-dead gorgeous, but didn't act it, nor did she act stuck-up like most wome of beauty down here do! Especially in New England. They're VERY stuck-up here for the most part. There are always exceptions of course!

Quick Reply: Sounthern Ontario members.