Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Spring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road
Default Spring?

Spring is finally here. What do we have here in S.W. Indiana? A winter storm watch. Oh well, come August I'll be wanting a little bit of this.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:09 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

What spring we just had 2inches of snow where I live yesterday.I also think you guys have a major snow storm heading your way like tomorrow or the next day.Beleive Im ready for it and dam sick and tired of the cold and snow.Today it warmedup to 35* it felt warm compared to what we have been experiencing.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

it almost seems to me like the calendar and the seasons dont line up very well anymore.
winter starts later and lasts further...just my thoughts.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 PM

Last year most of the country was spoiled to an early spring and record warmth.This year the jetstream is in a much different pattern than last year.I could explain it but its complicatedLOL.Its not uncommon for spring to start in mid to late april where I live.Back when the weather patterns werent so erratic it wasnt uncommon to have snow on the ground till the end of March or beginning of April.2 years ago we experienced a very long winter here.It started about thanksgiving and didnt end till mid to late April.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

true...forgot jet stream effects.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Theres 2 weather systems influencing the jetstream pattern.The Major one is the Alantic High pressure occislation which is up off the coast of novascotia.Its in a blocking position right now which is allowing the jetstream to move further south bring down the artic air into the northern tear of the us.The theres the Pacific high occislation which is positioning the jetstream over the cold Yukon territory.When the AHC retreats further north over greenland then the northern jetstream will retreat with it.As it is right now the long range weather pattern will bring warmer then average temps for much of the country from april through June.Then we`ll be complaining its too hot.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Spring? We just got a foot of snow in Alberta. We made good morning America with the 100+ car pike up south of Edmonton... I had to run tire chains on my tractor AND trailer from Hanna to Stettler Alberta and drive 35kmph to keep from being blown off the road by 100kmph crosswinds.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

I'm looking at 1=3 inches of snow later today. At least I'm not up near Indianapolis. Indy is looking at 8-12 inches. Maybe this means the summer won't be as brutal as last year. Last year it was in the 80's about now.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

the jet stream is slowly starting to push the cold air east, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. it will just come gradually.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
the jet stream is slowly starting to push the cold air east, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. it will just come gradually.
cmon weather geek,tell us more on how this is going on. i know you know your **** lol

Quick Reply: Spring?