Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Spring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
cmon weather geek,tell us more on how this is going on. i know you know your **** lol
Its just brutal, but slowly going away. The last time we were this cold in MN on the first day of spring, was 1965. But that ended up being one of the most active seasons for severe weather around here. Seems like, every time we are in a pattern like this, good thunderstorms, the warm air fights with the cold. I am really looking forward to a good chase season.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:11 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default A sign of spring

While it was quite cold here today lower 30`s there are signs of spring showing up here where I live.I have bulbs that are rising out of the ground and seen several robins around.temps will be up near 50 towards the end of next week.Theres some old weather folklore I heard a while back.When the frogs come out and look through the ice twice springs is here.Another words the 1st time you here the frogs croaking there will be 2 more freezes then warm temps with springs arrival.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Spring? We just got a foot of snow in Alberta. We made good morning America with the 100+ car pike up south of Edmonton... I had to run tire chains on my tractor AND trailer from Hanna to Stettler Alberta and drive 35kmph to keep from being blown off the road by 100kmph crosswinds.
I am so glad that storm missed us for the most part. We ended up with a couple of cm. It has been a horrible spring so far with mostly below average temps but it is warming up this week. Fingers crossed that was the last big winter storm for the season. Drive safe.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Ive had all week off work this week and its nice out. I also sure hope this snow I done for the year.

I haven't had any Robins yet, but we have a flock of 1000+ waxwings that live in my area (nice birds as long as they don't choose your trees to hang out in - 1000 of them is pretty noisy) and our squirrel has not got out of bed yet. I put the peanuts out already so I know hes not awake yet. We have the odd magpie and crow too but I have been going to work on them with the ole .22 pellet gun already. Bluejays, purple finches, and sparrows and chickadees are all coming around now too. Santa got all the kids birdhouse kits last xmas so we will be putting up the houses and feeders this week and hope we get nice birds instead of all the magpies like last year. Must have killed 100 last year.

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-27-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Default Almost spring

The robins here are back from their winter migration and are everywhere.My bulbs are popping up and are about 3 inches high.Temps havent been as cold in the 40`s to near 50*My cats are getting the urge to go outside more and more everyday.The Gueese and ducks are back and so are many other birds.The buds while theyhavent opned up yet are growing on the trees so its going in the right direction.I know as soon as everything starts to green up there will be at least 1 more snow.At least the tide is starting to turn anyways.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 AM

Guess depending on where you live Spring is here.With the south and the Atlantic coast highs in the 80`s to near 90*Where I live thunderstorms with heavy rain and flooding for the last 2 days with another 2 days of rain expected highs 50`s Now 40`s.The west winter,Denver To the Upper midwest major snow storms and record cold.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

It snowed a couple of cm again Sunday night and we have been sitting at below average temps all week (between 0 to 5 deg C). There is more snow in the forcast for the weekend. Typical Alberta spring that looks exactly like winter only slightly warmer.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Too damn cold here... What ever it is that those people are doing for global warming, I wish they'd quit for a while and let it warm up a bit.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

expecting 6-14" of snow here... I think the totals that weather guys are over hyped locally. I am saying 3-6 from this.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM

We had thunder storms today while just north of here they had thundersnow.Flash flood watches and warnings are expected till friday am.As the storm winds down in my area it may end as snow.The robins are enjoying the rain though as they feasting on all th worms the 3 inches of rain have brought up.

Quick Reply: Spring?