Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Spring?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Last night there was a severe thunderstorm warning in southern MN, overlapping a winterstorm warning. That was odd to see. Have not seen something like that, in a LONG time.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Too damn cold here... What ever it is that those people are doing for global warming, I wish they'd quit for a while and let it warm up a bit.
I like to get up every morning and drain an aerosol can into the atmosphere while I wait for the Blazer to warm up. If this is global warming it is not coming fast enough.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Global warming is hype.Climate change isnt.Its also a natural cycle i beleive.With all the volcano`s erupting and the sun being in its peak solor cycleEarthquakes that have shifted the earths axix this is whats causing most of the climate change<,NOT MAN>Ask the folks who live in Europe about the last 2 winters,they have been coldest on record 2 years in a row.Also a study was just released that Gobal warming had nothing to do with last years droubt in the middle of the country.It was caused by La nina`s which changed the jetstream pattern.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 04-12-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

We did end up with more snow this Saturday. It looks like January again. Our average temp should be 12 C and our high today is -4 C.
A real craptastic spring so far. It is supposed to warm up to 10 C this weekend but looking outside right now it is hard to believe.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

the ONLY... ONLYYYY thing that I am looking forward to with this cooler spring, is in the past, has led up to an amazing thunderstorm season, It pretty much went from cold to warm in a day, stayed warm and got active.

will be able to get more shots like this soonnnnn!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM

We had some lightening and thunder a couple of days ago,along with 4 inches of rain to go with it.Its just now starting to dry out.Guess what more heavy rain on the way.This reminds me of the spring that I bought my blazer,I couldnt get any worked done.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM

Tonight we have a warm front and low presure system combined to the sw of of us.Alot of wicked lightening and marble size hail.Hgihs were near 50* today supposed to be in the mid 70`s tomorrow.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran

A winter storm warning goes into effect here Tomorrow morning. NWS is saying 6-8". I am just not seeing it with the models I am looking at, surface temp will be too warm, I am thinking more like 2-4" accumulation by the time its done.
The last storm we got, they were saying 11-14", I stuck with my 3-6, we ended up with 5.8.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Rich, are the Twins playing outside? Must be a big mess to shovel the whole place.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Rich, are the Twins playing outside? Must be a big mess to shovel the whole place.
Game tonight is rained out, and tomorrow most likely wont happen due to the snow.
but I am glad I stuck with my 2-4. The NWS needs me working for them, they backed off the 6"+ totals down to 2-5.

Quick Reply: Spring?