Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Storms

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:40 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road
Default Storms

Well, I'm still here. We got hit hard last night, but not nearly as hard as people just to the west of us. The town of Tushka was devastated, with 2 deaths so far.

The tornadoes missed us, but we got 70mph winds at one point and the most rain I've seen in recent memory. It rained so much it flooded the part of town where I live. We're in a mountainous region, so it wasn't deep, but it was seeping in my front door at one point. Cell service has been knocked out, so I can't call the rest of my family to see how they fared. I guess I'll be driving around looking at it this morning.

I know we have at least one forum member who lives within the path of last night's storm. I hope everyone in its path is ok.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:41 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

They were talking about those storms on the news here last night in New York, glad to hear you are ok and I hope the family is as well. I also hope we get word from the other member in that area as well.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Beginning Member
toohai2 is on a distinguished road

All is ok here, too. (well, the wind kinda took out my carport covering the bmw...) Tornados were sighted in Jay, OK, Southwest City,MO and Anderson, MO. Just went to the north of me.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by toohai2
All is ok here, too. (well, the wind kinda took out my carport covering the bmw...) Tornados were sighted in Jay, OK, Southwest City,MO and Anderson, MO. Just went to the north of me.
Good to hear you are Ok also.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:18 PM

Ugh. Round two.

Booyah: little bit of hail

Last edited by s14sh3r; 04-19-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I thought meant snow was coming lol

I heard on the radio that we broke our record high with 96°F and then just a few min later they said we were under a tornado watch. About 5-5:30ish we started getting hail here at DFW airport. I could here tornado sirens going off somewhere but couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. Any tornados up there?

Old 04-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
I thought meant snow was coming lol

I heard on the radio that we broke our record high with 96°F and then just a few min later they said we were under a tornado watch. About 5-5:30ish we started getting hail here at DFW airport. I could here tornado sirens going off somewhere but couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. Any tornados up there?
I haven't heard of any tornadoes this time. The worst we got was hail. I haven't been out to look at the blazer, but I don't think the hail was big enough to hurt anything (besides my head).