The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Stupid Jeep People...and their toys.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Yeah it said it had elastic and connectors around it. I just googled SUV tents. but this seems like a website with alot of different options...http://www.campist.com/archives/suv-tents.html

Old 04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
Of course we could always make one...

http://txzr2.com/board/showthread.php?t=1789

That S10 has a tire carrier, SWEEEEEET!!!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I had this idea of modifying a tent to meet up with the back end of my blazers...By cutting a hole in the backside of a tent, and draping the cut away section over the top to bridge the gap...filling in with canvan here and there to make it water tight and pretty...somehow attatching it to the truck in a way it was watertight but not visible whn not attached...and make it to where the tent would more or less still be a stand alone tent. Then I could sleep in the back of my blazer and use the tent area for storage while I was wheeling. I think it might be too much trouble. But cheap.

I swear...I think of the stupidest things when I get bored.
Or... you know... you could always buy this one!

http://www.tentsontrucks.com/suvtent.html

Scroll down to the bottom.

I actually saw these in person. Wholesale sports here in Canada has them. It attracted my eye when I saw the ZR2 on the box. It must fold up pretty small. The box it was in was only maybe 1' x 1' and 4' long.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Jeeps are AWESOME! I used to have a small trailer like that I recently sold. I would use with my Jeep on off road trips. I also have a friend who has the tent that attaches to the back of mini vans/suv's. It is pretty cool. You can drive away and leave the tent up if needed. It is kinda a tall dome tent with a fly that goes over the opening of the truck. It has elastic in the fly opening to seal out the weather.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I saw a jeep the other day with that behind with BIG tires. Thought it was just a vehicle matched trailer lol.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:42 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Or...you could use the back half of a blazer...chop the top...
Or...use the back half of a short bed S-10...

I'm seriously considering doing something like this in the future.
that's such an old idea. or maybe it's just the people my Dad used to know. there was one guy in the youth group my parents ran, that had a '65 Econoline van & a parts van that he cut just behind the front doors, closed in the front, and welded an A frame to the front to make a matching enclosed trailer.

but now i'm wishing i didn't get rid of that Jimmy shell i stripped last year...........

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
are you talking about something like this...
except you could find or build one that attaches to the inside edge of the blazer instead of the outside and then folds out.
wasn't there a pick-up truck manufactureer that actually had a tent system that went into the back of it, with the gate down, just a few years ago? i know i've seen a tent system in the back of a p/u before.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

you mean like this...

Old 04-15-2010, 09:20 AM

The Pontiac Aztec had a tent option from GM, so did Chevy trucks, and Avalanche/Escalade's. The trailer-from-a-truck idea is as old as trucks themselves. My dad did it to a 65 Ford pickup, I did it to a 80 something Nissan pickup. And there is a much easier way to make the front yoke. You use the existing frame. Just angle notch the inside of the rails, them bend them inwards till they meet in the middle giving you an A shaped yoke. Then a couple of flat plates, a ball receiver, and weld everything up, and your done. Use the existing wire loom for lights.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

haha the pontiac aztec. they are so ugly.

Edit:
don't forget about these

Last edited by Benedict1337; 04-15-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 AM

Your VW Vanagon pic didn't show up for me, but, I would pay good money for the right model. Those things are cool as hell! I have owned a couple of old Bug's years ago, but never found a van I wanted... yet.
I can't find the vid I have seen before, but it has a custom van that is bagged, and really nice.
Check these out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXTBZLRfR4

Quick Reply: Stupid Jeep People...and their toys.