Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

SVT Mustang, Kenne Bell

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
IMO, 1970 was the last of the great ones-'til the latest (5th) gen's hit the market. (although i'm not a fan of the 2010 TL's)

i'm hoping i can find my '70 Boss 429 in Grabber Orange before i get too old to enjoy it.
Totally agree and that orange/black was one sick combo.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:12 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
IMO, 1970 was the last of the great ones-'til the latest (5th) gen's hit the market. (although i'm not a fan of the 2010 TL's)

i'm hoping i can find my '70 Boss 429 in Grabber Orange before i get too old to enjoy it.

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Totally agree and that orange/black was one sick combo.

i've luv'd that car since i built a model of it-in the exact same clour combo-when i was 13 or 14. Grabber Orange, black Shaker hood, black window louvers. oooOOOO baby!

still have the model.

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Good luck finding an original 1969 429 Boss.
while there were 869 Boss 429's made for '69, '70 only had 499.

i definately pick the harder to find ****, that's for sure!

Originally Posted by cbr995
I love the sound of a Kenne Bell Cobra!

I want to buy a Mercury Marauder, and slap one of those on top!
forget slapping one of those on a Marauder, you want a Kenny Brown Marauder. now those are killer!!!

saw one about 9 months after he released the first one. definately worth the extra $28K (US) @ the time to get the upgrade.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Banned
Topsecret66 is on a distinguished road

Not impressed at all. Nothing major to that car.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Mii
Starting Member
Mii is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gojo83
The newest gen mustangs make me wanna vomit. The weight of new vehicles and the taillights on the new gen just makes me wanna scratch out my eyes. The new 5.0 may be a BA motor but I stick a BA motor in a bloated pig of a car it is still a bloated pig. I will stick to my trans ams and if all goes well I will have another poncho machine gracing my stable, manual at that hehe.
So a stock 12 second mustang makes you vomit. I think a 400+ HP mustang in stock form pretty much kicks ***.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

^^^So what your saying is if ford or any car comp. Put 400hp into lets say a dodge omni it would be badass???? The other guy is right so what if it has the h.p if it dont look good it would be no better than having 400hp in a ford fiesta lol

Old 08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazerboyz
^^^So what your saying is if ford or any car comp. Put 400hp into lets say a dodge omni it would be badass???? The other guy is right so what if it has the h.p if it dont look good it would be no better than having 400hp in a ford fiesta lol

damn skippy it would!

that would definately be the ultimate GLH.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

Yeah those old GLH's were fast as hell but they did look hidious! Am i right? (Goes like hell)? What was the proper terminoligy used for that abreviation? Obviously i know the slang term but what does glh really mean?

Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by blazerboyz
Yeah those old GLH's were fast as hell but they did look hidious! Am i right? (Goes like hell)? What was the proper terminoligy used for that abreviation? Obviously i know the slang term but what does glh really mean?

no, you're not! i had a '82 Omni HB, w/VW 1.6L & a 4 speed stick in it. could pull 65 km/h in 1st gear-with 3 other people in it! (no wonder i broke so many of my rides............)

anyways!................GLH actually stood for "Goes Like Heck". rumor has it, that Iaccoca actually tried to bully the legal department into putting the "Goes Like Hell" term into the advertising, but they played hard ball with him, and won.

but in the end, he really did win. look @ all the amazing vehicles to come out because of him.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

While watching Hot Rod TV the other night they did a special on Carol Shelby. He left Ford to follow Lee Iaccocoa because he didn't like Bunky Knudsen despite his liking Ford over Chrysler. Where it not for Shelby the Dodge Omni GLH (among others) wouldn't exist. In addition when the reporter asked him what he thought would happen to the car market in the future (i don't remenber the exact amount of time) Carol answered that most people would probably go back to driving small cars. Said that he had a lot of fun working on them in the past and would love to do another one.