The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Title/ownership fight... Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Beginning Member
Bosgarage57 is on a distinguished road

Safe deposit box wouldnt be much, I work at a bank and I have a BIG box and its just $40/yr. You can get a smaller one for prob $20. I'd do that. So did YOU pay for the truck yourself or did they?

Old 12-08-2010, 04:09 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

As stated above yes it is illegal to sell a car without the title in their name. But, there is also people out there that would buy a car without the title in their hands.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

or easier. keep your keys on you at all times, that's what I do. I have a lanyard and its always around my neck, even when i sleep lol

Old 12-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Although you may be the legal owner and have possession of the title I think you have a couple bigger problems you have yet to face. Insurance companies will not issue a policy to a minor. When your current policy expires it will be illegal for you to drive the vehicle. If you are snooping around in your parent's belongings and stealing things (whether your name is on it or not) I would imagine they won't be too inclined to renew the insurance policy. Just my own personal opinion, but I think that rummaging through your parents belongings is disrespectful. If you want your parents to respect you then you need to show them respect as well. Do you think they will respect you when they discover the title is gone? If I were you I'd put it back. Whatever the disagreement is between you and your parents it would probably be in your best interest to resolve it in a more rational manner.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:44 PM

If he paid for the car with his own money and its in his name, I find it very disrespectful for his parents to threaten that they will sell it.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sturg
If he paid for the car with his own money and its in his name, I find it very disrespectful for his parents to threaten that they will sell it.
x2, maybe his parents should respect the law...

Old 12-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Do you think that threatening to sell the vehicle was his parent's first line of action in an attenpt to resolve an (admitted) ongoing problem? Threatening to sell a child's vehicle is not in violation of any law, so no disrespect for the law has been exhibited. Besides, I seriously doubt that is a genuine intent. I think the threat is being used as an attempt to modify a behavioral pattern they don't approve of. Do you think that snooping around and stealing from his parents is going to improve relations between them? Like I said, once the insurance expires he won't be able to drive the vehicle until he turns 18 and can get insurance. At this point in time the only thing that title is good for is to sell the vehicle. I have no horse in this race so I could care less how it plays out, but it seems to me that the logical thing to do would be to try and resolve the problem rather than escalate it. Live and learn...

Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

No, my parents are abusive. One day it broke down, so I had to borrow my dad's truck. Out of the blue, she told my five year old niece that they were moving and leaving me behind. I got upset, and then she started threatening to sell the car, not because she wants it (she says she doesn't want it), she just doesn't want me to have it and she wants funds for her trip. She's just crazy. Another time, she kicked me out and brought it up again.
Also, I'm not stealing anything- they're stealing from me, as the envelope the title came in was addressed to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a federal offense to steal or hinder the delivery of US mail.

Last edited by JTalley; 12-09-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by JTalley
No, my parents are abusive. One day it broke down, so I had to borrow my dad's truck. Out of the blue, she told my five year old niece that they were moving and leaving me behind. I got upset, and then she started threatening to sell the car, not because she wants it (she says she doesn't want it), she just doesn't want me to have it and she wants funds for her trip. She's just crazy. Another time, she kicked me out and brought it up again.
Also, I'm not stealing anything- they're stealing from me, as the envelope the title came in was addressed to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a federal offense to steal or hinder the delivery of US mail.

I don't know if you're correct on the whole mail thing, I think it is some sort of offense because I know even touching another persons mailbox is a felony or something like that. But bud I would try to find a way to get emancipated and move out and live with like a grandma or something. Even if they aren't physically being abusive they are mentally/emotionally.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 01BlackBeauty
Do you think that threatening to sell the vehicle was his parent's first line of action in an attenpt to resolve an (admitted) ongoing problem? Threatening to sell a child's vehicle is not in violation of any law, so no disrespect for the law has been exhibited. Besides, I seriously doubt that is a genuine intent. I think the threat is being used as an attempt to modify a behavioral pattern they don't approve of. Do you think that snooping around and stealing from his parents is going to improve relations between them? Like I said, once the insurance expires he won't be able to drive the vehicle until he turns 18 and can get insurance. At this point in time the only thing that title is good for is to sell the vehicle. I have no horse in this race so I could care less how it plays out, but it seems to me that the logical thing to do would be to try and resolve the problem rather than escalate it. Live and learn...
If they were to sell something that doesn't belong to them, thats a violation of the law, which is what they're threatening to do. All he would have to do is report the vehicle as stolen, and would be able to press charges on his parents provided the new "owner" were to tell the police that the parents sold it to him. Maybe his parents should act their age and try to resolve this in a civil manner.

JTalley, how old are you exactly?

Quick Reply: Title/ownership fight... Please help!