The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

TRUE STORY I SWEAR!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: TRUE STORY I SWEAR!

well my friend had a little gardner snake get into a hole through the air filter that a mouse had left and he started the truck and it sucked the snake in andmade a alot of funny noises......took him 2 weeks to get all the snake out of the valves

Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

In one of our work trucks Chevy 6500. We noticed a really bad smell inside the cab. When you turned the blower on high, you could feel a vibration on the dash. Come to find out, a mouse had gotten inside the blower and apparently died, either unable to get out, or from the centrifugal force of the blower.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Red Horse is an unknown quantity at this point

Now Thats wild, I once bought an old 64 Ford fairlane and when I air cleaner cover off I discovered it was missing the cleaner ellement BUt it was stuffed with shreded news paper and even a few $1 bills, so this story isn't that hard too believe.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

I just discovered last week that some city rats had chewed through my main distributor wire. It`s not the first time this has happened, because they also did the same to my Maxima`s fuel injector wires, prior to it being totalled. They had even dragged some chicken bones up into a groove on the top of the engine block. In the winter, a recently-driven vehicle is a warm place for small animals to build a nest. My remedy is to periodically coat the underhood wiring with hot sauce. Seems to work.

What`s REALLY weird is that the very same night that I discovered the chewed wires in my Blazer, I had left the rear driver`s side door open while inspecting the wiring. It was really cold outside. When I walked around the truck to shut the door, I caught this HUGE-a** raccoon looking like he was planning to jump up into the back bed of the truck for warmth! I normally drive my blazer with the back seats down and a blanket in the back, to cover whatever belongings I may have stored there. I guess it looked like a very tempting bed for the critter! But what amazed me is that I live smack in the middle of the city, so it was the last thing I expected to see! And he looked really well fed!

Man....

Old 05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!! Obviously someone was mad at the guy and snuck some smelly ISH into his filter box!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Last winter I took my GF's car in to get some work done on it and they had replaced the air filter and though they did not find a whole squirrel, they pretty much found what was semi left of one in the air box. It was climbing into the air box to get warm during the winter. Also found a bunch of household insulation. So it was grabbing it from the house somewhere and carrying it to the air box in the car to make a home.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
maximino is an unknown quantity at this point

lol poor mice... apparently one fish wasn't enough for the entire family...

Old 05-28-2009, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

hmmm.... old fish AND an old post....

After being screwed over by our relieveing unit and being strung along for 4 more months than originally deployed, we shut off all of the A/C units to the tents they would be living in and put open cans of tuna in all of the A/C ducts. It was September in Afghanistan so for 2 days they cooked at about 115-120 degrees. Needless to say, it did not make up for being forgotten for 4 more months, but it did ease the pain a bit.

Some a-hole probably tossed a fish in the airbox, then the mice came for a free snack...

Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Starting Member
mojoman13 is an unknown quantity at this point

surprised someone dug up this thread again lol
yeah it was messed up pretty funny tho still got the pic on my phone

Old 07-07-2009, 08:10 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I know my cousin's snowmobile wouldn't start last fall, he called me over, we checked and it was getting fuel and spark and everything, it would start and then run real crappy almost like the choke lever was on. So I deicded to pull the air-box apart and found it stuffed with insulation and little pieces of rags and all that fun stuff, there were acorns and nuts along with it and I knew the squirrels were getting the snowmobile ready for winter too! lol

Quick Reply: TRUE STORY I SWEAR!