Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

vacation

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road
Default vacation

headed out to California for 2 weeks for a much needed vacation im so excited we are going to drive (taking the corolla)my wife has never been west of Texas and the boys have never seen the ocean so it will be a fun trip

Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sounds nice

be safe and enjoy

Old 02-19-2012, 08:38 PM

i would take the blazer but it don't seat 5

Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

The corolla probably gets 1.5 times better gas mileage than the blaze eh? But hope you enjoy the trip!

Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 PM

i think it gets 31mpg highway but that is with just 5 passengers no luggage but we will see

Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

California is a great place to visit but a terrible place to live. Ask me how I know.

Where are you headed? So many great attractions out there.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

I took 2 weeks vacation out to Yellowstone last year in a rental Corolla.
Every time I stopped for gas I was very pleased, It got around 42 mpg, driving 75 mph.
It only had 6k on it though.
Be SAFE & have a GREAT time.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Have safe trip, I can only imagin what the boys faces will be like when they see the ocean for the first time.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM

we are headed to ontario sanbernidino fontana area i used to live out there as a child and i have family there we just bought our rolly in sept/11 so its still like new so i hope it does well on the trip nice little car 2011 corolla s and we plan on going to disney for a couple days then headed up to wine counrty my uncle has a winery and hit up sea world or notts we got plenty of time so possibilities are endless

Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Wife has never been west of Texas? Except for a brief layover in DC, I've never been east of St Louis (well, I've been to London, but I mean the eastern US)

My '98 Corolla gets at least twice the mileage of my '02 Blazer. Even in winter with crappy oxygenated fuel and cold weather, it gets over 30 in city. I can't imagine trying to fit 5 in it, tho. If the kids are young enough, 4 might be ok. But it's such a long drive that it'd be rough. Last time we took the 2 sons (from Colorado it's only 16 hours) we took the middle seat out of the minivan and took turns sleeping. Probably illegal since there wasn't safety belts on the floor, but the boys had enough room to keep from getting fidgety. In a Corolla there's no way I'd drive straight through.

But the look on their faces when they get inside Disneyland or on a beach makes it all worthwhile.

Quick Reply: vacation