Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What do you do in your spare time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Psychropod
Hey Joe - thanks for the info. I will definitely check it out. Are there any places near there where a guy can go muddin'?
No problem, dude. But about mudding, I honestly don't know, I hadn't even heard of the place until about less than a month ago when my friend showed it to me and a couple friends. I haven't done too much exploring, but a enough to know it's a nice place. I know that where I go, there's no where to go mudding or any kind of offroading at all really, but you could certainly continue down Klee Mill and see if you find anywhere. If so, let me know!

-Joe

Old 04-11-2010, 02:33 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Yea, boat's too big for the Blazer. loaded weight is just short of 3 ton (metric)

Old 04-11-2010, 09:13 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Next time we're out on the water!

By the way, it's my son-in-laws boat & it gets towed by an Exploder! LOL The tranny will explode first, so he needs to fit a tranny cooler now.

No way is the Blazer gonna tow that thing!

The boat loaded with all kit & full tank of gas (400ltr) weigh's in at more than the Exploder!
so i'm not the only one who refers to them as that!

as for me.................lets see..............i really don't know if what i have is called spare time, since i'm pretty much always wrenching on a friend or family members ride, or stuff around the yard, or playing/helping out our kids.

i wish i had a larger garage (a shop really), then i could actually get some of my projects finished in a timely manner.

that might actually give me more free time. or would it?

Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM

Psychropod, did you ever check out Morgan Run this weekend?

-Joe

Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road

spare time take the girl out, work and play with my system, eat, work, sleep, work, g.f all over and over again

Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, am I the only single guy on here? Ha ha! But really I'm into body modification(tattoos piercings the whole 9). Anything to do with audio, car audio, home audio, whatever. Been obsessed with anything with wheels since I was a baby. And work, that's about my life in a paragraph. lol

Old 04-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right now I mostly search help wanted ads during the day "laid off 6 weeks ago" I do what little bit i can to keep my blazer on the road without pouring money into it. Spend a lot of time with my girlfriend. We just drive around aimlessly we both feel like we have explored the entire state because I never worry about putting 200 miles on my truck in one night. Ive put 7k on it since Jan 21st. My Xbox 360 is dead and gone so no video games for me :-( That's pretty much it I'm always the wrench when it comes to my friends, I really have no gear head friends it sucks.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Well, when I'm not working (we have a small business), we like to travel. We go to Jamaica where we sponsor a small basic school near Negril. Makes for an amazing trip every time, the kids are great!
We also have a travel trailer that we do lots of long weekends with friends. I love to camp, ya know, tents, fishing, etc., my other half needs to bring 30' of house with us! We just bought a new 2010 Keystone last October after we sold our old 21'. Wasn't big enough. LOL.

I have a classic Honda Odyssey I like to get out and ride when I can. Fortunately, I have permission to ride on a local farmers property. This guy owns some serious land, so I can ride for hours.
Wear your helmet, not like my hard headed friend!
I also like to tinker with my RC cars... a nitro-methane monster truck, and small scale electric crawler. I will usually take them along when we camp, or head out to the local park. Not that I get out to often, but I love to wheel my Jeep! www.LuvMyTJ.com I am also a Mac nut, and I love my technology. All those things don't leave much time for television, but sometimes. We are in the office for insane amounts of time over the winter, so I have no winter hobbies, but I used to snowmobile & ski. I suppose those are the main time killers Ya only live once, might as well enjoy it!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joemakerman
Psychropod, did you ever check out Morgan Run this weekend?

-Joe
Hey, Joe...

No, unfortunately. I was driving up to that area because a potential buyer of my Blazer lived up there. However, the deal fell through (I ended up selling it to someone else).

I'm pretty busy for the next couple of weeks. The next time I have available to check it out would be next Sunday, 4/25. I'll try then.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Man, am I the only single guy on here? Ha ha! But really I'm into body modification(tattoos piercings the whole 9). Anything to do with audio, car audio, home audio, whatever. Been obsessed with anything with wheels since I was a baby. And work, that's about my life in a paragraph. lol
What kind of body mods you got? I'm into em too, but I don't have any as I'm still under the roof of my mother and she would flip. My girlfriend has some piercings though. Used to have more but she took some out.

-Joe

Quick Reply: What do you do in your spare time?