Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:52 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rumblur
backing a wiggle wagon 500ft with 12" clearance? You may want to try out for rally driving! impressive.
I will be representing my company and competing this summer in the Alberta (ATMA) truck rodeo in the Tandem-Tandem (B-double or B-train) class, which is what I drive.

A Wiggle Wagon is not SuperB (or B-double), its A-triples actually. SuperB (and B-doubles) trains back fairly easily. The difference between a B-train and a Super-B is the bridge axles, Super B trailers have 3 axles, Tandems have 2 axles. We don't have to run B triples at my company, ever. Its wonderful. The difference between A and B connections is the convertor usage (a little bogey axle with a fifth wheel), or B trains use a slide-out fifth wheel. A-trains have twice the pivot points and are impossible (and illegal) to back up, if you go more than 10 feet, they go all accordion on you.
This is a B-Triple

And this is an A triple

And just for the wow factor, this is a B-turnpike triple (they run this in SK, Canada) its 53ft x 3, plus a trator, plus 4ft between trailers.

And the super wow factor, this is what they run in Australia across the desert. Its a Road Train. Configuration is B-A-B quadruple, pulled by an 850HP engine.

And for the super duper wow factor, this is as big as is pulled anywhere on earth. This is an Aussie mine truck, in B-A-B-A-B configuration of SIX trailers. Imagine how long it takes this guy to go around and hammer all his tires. The driver must feel like his ***** is a foot long soft when driving this around.

Rexazz, St Jacobs is where it all started, that's the BIG warehouse that handles the 1000 stores down east. They are twice the size of my warehouse. I can just imagine how large it is, as out place is HUUUUUUGE

Attached Thumbnails  What Does Everyone Do For a Living??-triple-e1313390784892-1024x529.jpg    What Does Everyone Do For a Living??-triple-truck-turn.jpg    What Does Everyone Do For a Living??-australian-road-train.jpg  

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:09 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I never Drove any thing other then a 70 ft lowboy with out the tractor. but I gotta admit It dont look easy backing a double up.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Damn and I used to think I was cool cause I could back up a hay tack with a pickup truck lol!! Much respect sent your way dude!!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Marines kill people for a living.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chestypuller
Marines kill people for a living.

Nice thing for a marine to say

Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

When I was in High school I worked part time and summers for a trucking company that did agri stuff
I was supposed to be in the garage changing oil and greasing trucks and trailers but was often thrown behind the wheel because I knew how to drive from shunting stuff in and out of the shop
When I was just 16 they sent me to the local feed mill with a hopper "B" train to unload
They gave me some looks when I went in the feed mill but not a word when I backed it in and around the building to unload
Thats more than 25 yrs ago probably should have stuck with one or the other of the trades in hind sight

Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Warehouse sales. Customer service, forklift operator, day to day operations.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
blazerbud is on a distinguished road

I work for General Motors, I paint the Show Cars. I work out of the Proving Grounds in Milford Michigan.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Muchempo is on a distinguished road
Default CableGuy

Work as a Digital Video Engineer for a major cable company responsible for troubleshooting video related issues for 30 plus cable systems in MT CO WY and UT

Old 03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Beginning Member
NWCoffee1 is on a distinguished road
Default NWCoffee1

I'm retired from the US Army, and currently working for Veterans Affairs
here is Tacoma, WA

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??