Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What is a good headlamp??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road
Question What is a good headlamp??

I had to replace a few recepticals in my house the other day, my eyes finally have gotten bad enough that i need my glasses to do almost any close work, especially if the light is low......

If i have good lighting I can get by without the dang glasses.........

I've been looking at headlamps,,,,,,priced from 10 bucks on up.....I'm getting to where I don't know weather to trust the reviews any more........But I will pay heed to anyone here, who can give a good review.......

Does anyone use a headlamp????

Happy Thanksgiving.........

Old 02-12-2018, 08:31 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

When I first saw your 'title', I thought you were asking about automotive headlights, such as Sylvania vs Bosch. When I read the post, I saw what you were actually asking about. I have three what I refer to as the miner style headlamps. All three have a swivel 'up and down' light and an elastic band to hold it in place. The best one is an Everyready and takes three AAA batteries. It has a multi position switch which controls a white light, a brighter white light, and a double red light-- all are LED, I think. The second best one is a Harbor Ft Tool head lamp in black and yellow. It takes two AA batteries and has a single LED light which is amazingly bright. The crude switch is a simple 'on/off'. The third one is silver and black with "LE" marked on the black and green headband and takes three AAA batteries in a plastic cartridge holder. This switch is also a simple 'on/off'. It has 18 LED bulbs. Not sure, but it may also have come from HFT store. I don't remember.
Note: when you buy anything from HFT that is battery operated, be sure you have on hand some Coppertop batteries of the proper size. Those HFT batteries don't last! Also you can use Reader eyeglasses with these head lights. It is a hassle to remove and replace the reader glasses, esp. when you are under the vehicle.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have 4 or 5 of these little guys --
Energizer Vision HD+ Energizer Vision HD+
and they work great! They aren't the cheapest, but they produce a lot of light for a relatively small package. I even have one mounted to the front of my welding helmet to illuminate whatever I'm working on regardless of the angle I'm positioning myself in.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

Sorry about the "headlamp" title..........I guess i have always called headlights.......well, headlights .......

I found a minor headlamp on ebay.......I have another one from hbf.....these lights are addictive.........I'll probably have them in strategic places throughout my shop......

one has a blinker......in case i get lost.......!!!

old eyes like a lot of light.......

I never thought about my welding hood........I'm beginning to have a problem keeping track of that rod.......good idea.....

Last edited by don james; 02-12-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:11 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Re: my post no. 2 above. I said the best one is an Ever ready. It's not. It is an Energizer and it has two switches. One controls the white LED's and one the two red LED's.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:24 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

LOL, I recently purchased my first "readers" for doing the soldering when replacing the bulbs in my OE radio. I don't need them for reading (yet).