The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What have YOU found on google street view?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

My city was done 3 years ago, they haven't been back since. I don't know if they plan on going around again or not. I think they're still trying to build their entire world database first.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

i think that will totally depend on the area.
Rural areas i doubt if they would ever re do them.

Cities they might never re do the residential streets, or could be a minimum 10 year lag. Very expensive to build that network.
They might update cities main routes and add in new developments, but i doubt that would happen any time soon. The u.s. might be more likely to get some updates done than other places abroad as well.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Just regular Google maps is missing some huge developments here on the map..let along streetview lol. These new streets have been around for a while too, and they're still not there.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Not often I don't think...

This isn't funny,just reminiscent...

Old 02-01-2011, 11:42 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

MUAHAHA I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE NOW!!..........but your to far away..Nice house BTW...Your tree looks healthy, ive got a new one in the front yard thats looks like a 10 foot tall twig with leaves you could count on two hands......Im dissapointed i couldnt find my blazer..i searched everywhere it could have been,

Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

My house is too far off the road to see it, let alone the cars.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran

Here is my new place:

I know, looks like a crack house. Inside is totally redone though. Paint is the first thing on the list of "to do's" in the spring. Gotta love the garbage truck out front too...lol

Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I didn't even know they did this kind of stuff until I looked up my own address. I was a bit pissed for some reason, though the address was off a bit.

Had a truck drive by the front of the house a couple of weeks ago, taking pictures as the slowly moved along. I thought it was someone interested in buying the place, as we have it up for sale. Now I'm thinking it might have been Google folks or some other thing like them.

If I knew it was Google, I'd have grabbed a shotgun and chased them off dressed only in my drawers! lol

Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw my dog running down the next road over on google maps.....we live in the country so it's not that big of a deal. Also for the satelite images they took them when we were hunting. You could see our tent in the great woods of the U.P. MI lol.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by AJBert
I didn't even know they did this kind of stuff until I looked up my own address. I was a bit pissed for some reason, though the address was off a bit.

Had a truck drive by the front of the house a couple of weeks ago, taking pictures as the slowly moved along. I thought it was someone interested in buying the place, as we have it up for sale. Now I'm thinking it might have been Google folks or some other thing like them.

If I knew it was Google, I'd have grabbed a shotgun and chased them off dressed only in my drawers! lol
I'm guessing it probably wasn't google, unless they had a crazy contraption on the roof. The streetview cars always had a big pole on top with cameras on the pole. It was pretty obvious who they were. The vehicles were all marked with google too. Here's an example:

Quick Reply: What have YOU found on google street view?