Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What I have been up too...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Default What I have been up too...

So around April last year I fell off the map. Foe those of you who remember me, I was fairly active on this forum since it taught me everything I know about mechanics, and I had a terrible job that was sapping my soul away...

Well a few of you have welcomed me back, and some have asked "Wtf m8?!" So here's what has been up:

Life came at me fast; changed jobs and became a Recruiter instead of a guy working with the recruiters. Recruiting is time consuming and fairly stressful, but it has been good to have a "mission" again. That training ate 2 months of my late summer/early fall

I spent the summer doing home improvement project on my place as seen by these pics from the last time i dropped by.

In addition I went canoeing and camping as much as possible to stay out and about.

I have been fishing as much as I can and took up duck hunting this winter

In Recruiting, one of my duties is "Assistant Futre Soldier Maintainer" basically I am a baby sitter... but that has afforded me plenty of reason to take these kids on hikes disguised as "marches" for the purpose of getting them ready for their chosen profession.

I also scored a free motorcycle trailer (pull her out of the berries and she's yours) and put some work into it.

Also worked on my blazer as needed and made a little headway on my rims.

PICS of everything <-- clicky

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-28-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:50 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update, saved me from asking. Recruiter eh? Is Drill Sergeant next? I'm sure you thought about it some. Whats the youngest age a kid can enlist now days?

Old 12-28-2010, 03:17 AM
BF Veteran

Man... Drill duty would be a god-send...

They say mine is the most important mission since I influence directly the quality and quantity of new Soldiers filling boots.
That being said, I wish I was directly influencing the knowledge and abilities of the Soldiers transitioning into the Army...
PlusI was always better and imposing my will than I was at compassion
After i serve this sentence the next stop will probably be 3 in Germany or (hopefully) Italy.

Anyway youngest a kid can join is 17. They would have to be a junior, and mom AND dad would have to okay it. they would go to Basic Training during the summer and then AIT after graduation. That only works for the Reserves though. You can be 17 and join with mom and dad's okay so long as you graduate HS and turn 18 before training is done.

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-28-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Those are some beautiful pics! With scenery like that, I don't blame you for the "marches".

Old 12-28-2010, 12:57 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like fun, welcome back and great pics by the way.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:46 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

good to see you back in the blazer saddle again.
i have to agree, those pics of your marches makes me want to get up and march.

all in all, i hope things go well for ya.
glad your back. was getting a little quiet around here

i too have been working on camaro wheels....checked your photobucket of goodness.
i opted for other look.
16X8 as well.....damn great minds think alike.

now if you tell me you are fab'n your own roof basket....

Last edited by warthogdriver; 12-28-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: good laugh
Old 12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran

@All: fixed the link up top so you wont have to hunt, and cleaned up the album a bit...

@BLOND1WD and 84BlazerS10: thanks good to be back. I have scoped out another 6 or so locations to see when the spring rolls around. The Columbia River Gorge is perfection in nature

@warthogdriver: LMAO! Got a basket... just have to fab up some light mounts...
I have not finished the rims yet, just blasted 'em clean. Going to paint them like you did, but the exposed edges/lip will be gunmetal instead of polished. I have to see how the free rims turn out before I go the same route you did. They look good BTW!

Old 12-28-2010, 06:05 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

oh, cant believe i forgot this one

found your evil twin at local autozone couple months ago

Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back guy! Urban wheeling hasnt been the same since you left.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nice, I was worried you fell off the map because something happened to your daughter. I'm glad you were just overly busy with your new and awesome position in the Military.

While you were gone I managed to buy a new(er) truck, featured in my sig, as well as become Moderator.

Quick Reply: What I have been up too...