Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What I have LEARNED

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road
Default What I have LEARNED

I've been a member of this forum for over a year now.. and within that time I have learned AMPLE things about my blazer, about the 4.3's and how to do things without getting frustrated to the point where i launch a hammer across the driveway. So I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who have had the paience to reply to my posts and help me out, even with the most retarded things I may have posted about.

Within the year I have learned:

AC DELCO is the brand to use-Duralast is good for other vehicles NOT this one.
PATIENCE is a virtue that will be tested A LOT while owning a blazer.
ANGER never solves the problem, it just makes it worse.
SEARCH is my friend. It will help when PATIENCE has been tested to the breaking point resulting in ANGER.
KICKING AND CURSING at the truck doesn't do anything but hurt your foot and kill your voice.
BEER is your best friend while working on the truck. It brings a bit more PATIENCE and lets you know when it's time to give up for the day.

but most of all I have learned...

OWNING a Blazer will drive you deep into a hole that is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get out of..

So to those who have helped me GROW and LEARN throughout this past year.. THANK YOU for helping me out of NUMEROUS holes that I have fallen into while finding and fixing the minor and even major problems that have occurred. I look forward to many more years of this and many more years of owning a BLAZER since I have grown to LOVE mine.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:53 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Yea this site has done the same to me also I always loved blazers before i joined but i love it even more !

Cheers to the blazer forum

Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

i second that

Old 09-02-2011, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Senshi09
I've been a member of this forum for over a year now.. and within that time I have learned AMPLE things about my blazer, ...

Within the year I have learned:

AC DELCO is the brand to use-Duralast is good for other vehicles NOT this one.
PATIENCE is a virtue that will be tested A LOT while owning a blazer.
ANGER never solves the problem, it just makes it worse.
SEARCH is my friend. It will help when PATIENCE has been tested to the breaking point resulting in ANGER.
KICKING AND CURSING at the truck doesn't do anything but hurt your foot and kill your voice.
BEER is your best friend while working on the truck. It brings a bit more PATIENCE and lets you know when it's time to give up for the day.

but most of all I have learned...

OWNING a Blazer will drive you deep into a hole that is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get out of..

heh.. that's cool! Here's what I've learned:
Whoever designed the fuel and PCM -Timing systems for the 4.3 W are either in another line of work or learned a lot about 'How Not to'.
- If this was 5 years ago AND I was fortunate enough to win the lottery I would develop a drop-in replacement PCM and Bosch Fuel rail intake manifold for the 2nd gen 4.3L using an ignition timing system that wasnt a kluge of the old and new, then sell it for a handsome but reasonable price to Edelbrock.
HOWEVER, I'm an engineer and I know WHY they did what they did.. and I'm also a contrarian and since I have no money to do anything like that, I consider it a challenge to learn enough to keep OUR* gorgeous BRavada running to 'late model' threshold.

* The old lady wanted an SUV and the luxury trim at that.

The denizens of this site are delightful.. it's sorta like you get sent to detention and end up really liking the other guys in detention, everyone's in the same boat more or less.
- Oh, that includes the assigned Teacher/referee. Kyle does a freakin great job of helping poor innocents with their problems AND keeping the rest of the malcontents in line.

To swartlkk!

And the rest of you guys.. and gals

Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Very nice write up Mr Fog... but I want a beer too! lol
I agree on all of it from yourself & the OP but mostly on the searching. Be it here or google etc, it pays off.