The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What kind of smartphone do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

YES LOL they sure are indOOstrhuctable! hmm it does kinda look like a brick....PSH

Old 01-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

BlackBerry Curve 9300, takes decent pics too.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

im so sorry its the MOOPS

Old 01-13-2011, 12:07 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

htc evo 4g

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

my issue with telus (and if what you say is true it won't be for very long) was coverage with them is absolutely horrible where i work! but moreso was the fact that text messaging with them was HORRIBLE, you'd send something n the person would get it like 5 hrs later - same for receiving them. i also work outside for a railroad company so we're not exactly on the beaten path for service area's and out of them all i've found only a handful @ work that i have no signal. telus has less than bell and our company uses bell so quite frequently the supervisors n foreman's have no phone service lol. for my uses Rogers happens to be the best provider and if u wanna get into the wtf is that about on plans all you need to do is look @ what we pay for service compared to our american friends and realize WE GET FUKT.

5 yrs ago I worked for T-Mobile (sorry to those of u who i may have dealt with) and @ that point for $40 u could get 1,000 daytime min's ulim nights n weekends, ALL of the continental USA.... i'd pay that kinda money for my plan and add on but we don't get that option. They're JUST getting into long distance not costing $0.35-$0.70 a min here, WTF kinda crap is that?

I refuse to use bell's service for ANYTHING. the internet speed's are slow, the bell service is horrible, they charge WAY more than needed for anything - i.e. phone service - mother pays as much as i do and she has basic phone + like 1,000 min LD in ont. cept i have ALL the features (vm, call waiting/forward, ID n so on) AND canada/usa wide calling. THATS a joke, and really i don't understand why the f these companies think their garbage is worth as much as they charge.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:49 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not about what their worth... its about what will people pay. That's buisness man. How much is someone willing to pay. Look at when gas prices skyrocketed. People said well when it hits $2.50 ill quit driving the it was $3.00 and so on. Fact is though no one plans to quit driving cause we have to drive now for everything. So gas could be at $10.00 a gallon and people will still pay to still drive to go to work and to the store and whatever else we do in our busy little lifes

Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

avg gas price here is around $4.25 a gal lol... we produce the raw oil product but cuz we ship it south of the border for refining we pay out the *** for it when it gets back.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the oil company's are just buisness at this point. They could care less about the lil guys. Anyways let's get back on topic gas prices is a different thread. I was just using it as a quick buisness example. The cell phone company's are the same way. I pay on average 92 bucks a month for 500 mins unlimited text and pic messages and unlimited internet. Little steep imo but like I said.... what are we willing to pay?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by UberFail
my issue with telus (and if what you say is true it won't be for very long) was coverage with them is absolutely horrible where i work! but moreso was the fact that text messaging with them was HORRIBLE, you'd send something n the person would get it like 5 hrs later - same for receiving them. i also work outside for a railroad company so we're not exactly on the beaten path for service area's and out of them all i've found only a handful @ work that i have no signal. telus has less than bell and our company uses bell so quite frequently the supervisors n foreman's have no phone service lol. for my uses Rogers happens to be the best provider and if u wanna get into the wtf is that about on plans all you need to do is look @ what we pay for service compared to our american friends and realize WE GET FUKT.

5 yrs ago I worked for T-Mobile (sorry to those of u who i may have dealt with) and @ that point for $40 u could get 1,000 daytime min's ulim nights n weekends, ALL of the continental USA.... i'd pay that kinda money for my plan and add on but we don't get that option. They're JUST getting into long distance not costing $0.35-$0.70 a min here, WTF kinda crap is that?

I refuse to use bell's service for ANYTHING. the internet speed's are slow, the bell service is horrible, they charge WAY more than needed for anything - i.e. phone service - mother pays as much as i do and she has basic phone + like 1,000 min LD in ont. cept i have ALL the features (vm, call waiting/forward, ID n so on) AND canada/usa wide calling. THATS a joke, and really i don't understand why the f these companies think their garbage is worth as much as they charge.
Thats what I'm saying. My GF has been with them for 5 years and had to sit by the window to call anyone. since about a month ago when I first heard they bought a bunch of towers. full bars all over our basement aprt. And got the iPhone 4 added to he bill in store and the girl said that this and that were waived and no fees, got her first bill and it was $450. Called and they waived her whole bill. Its changed even tho its not advertised. Bell is ****. only reason their still around is cuz they were first and all the old people are still on their 50 year old cable and phone plans lol.
Originally Posted by cochran07
Its not about what their worth... its about what will people pay. That's buisness man. How much is someone willing to pay. Look at when gas prices skyrocketed. People said well when it hits $2.50 ill quit driving the it was $3.00 and so on. Fact is though no one plans to quit driving cause we have to drive now for everything. So gas could be at $10.00 a gallon and people will still pay to still drive to go to work and to the store and whatever else we do in our busy little lifes
Your completely right! I work landscaping and you can do jobs for cheap but you wont make a profit. My first question to a client is "How much are you going to spend?" that gives me room to make things smaller if need be and if they try to nickel and dime, I don't do it. Let them go with someone else and have a crappy job cuz 1) the guys not making a profit so he doesn't care or 2) has to use cheap product thats not backed by any type of warranty.

Back to phones. lol

Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

iPhone 3G 8gb, yeah I know it's old but I got it for free haha! When my contract is up in the next few months, I'm gonna check out some Windows Phone 7 phones but I'll most likely get the iPhone 4. Used to have Verizon but our house was a dead zone (they actually came out and tested in our house and allowed us out of our contract).

Quick Reply: What kind of smartphone do you have?