The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What kind of tools do you use? Set or a box you put together?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

If I remember correctly Stanley Tools makes Mac Tools.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:12 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
If I need it, and Mastercraft makes it, then thats what I get. Sure Ive busted ratchets sniping them, but its never a problem swapping it, you dont even need the receipt. And I go to crappy tire enough, remembering to take the broken tool when you go is the hard part. For small little few time use things, and specualty stuff I hit up the princess auto. They will also let you swap broken stuff. The stuff they sell is fairly cheap, but if you arent using it everyday then its fine. I got things like O2 sensor sockets and spring compressors, ball joint took etc there for cheap. For brake tools and bleeder wrenches I got an assortment from SnapOn years ago to the tune of about 500 bucks, its not much for the price, but they are still in great shape and havent rounded out or anything. Have to get a new toolbox, moving around and all to and from another province you have to sacrifice some things along the way... Milk crates worked for moving and saving room. Toolbox on the list. I like the black Pro Series ones at the canadian tire, so that is what I will get eventualy.

X2 pretty much bang on...

I keep a 217? piece mastercraft kit and a nastercraft screwdriver kit in my Jimmy

Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Mastercraft, Power fist (oh ya, princess auto baby), jobmate (oh ya, a cheap canadian tire brand), Park (now how many of you know that one?), craftsman, jagwire, black and decker, mikita, and a bunch of randomness collected over the years.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i was buying stanely since they carry a free lifetime replacement... but then i found good old harbor freight tool.... most of my crap has transformed into pittsburg steel or what ever they call it. they replace free for life as well, and there is one maybe 1/2 a mile from my house.

i also love their power tools; 90 days to abuse the hell out of them, or for like $4-$12 bucks you can get a 2 year warranty?!? just break and replace

i use ryobi and skill for real power tools though.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

ABN I loved harbor freight. There was one near Ft Carson. Not one close here tho

Old 01-23-2011, 01:04 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

it's a guilty pleasure

Old 01-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well in the blazer I got a small bag with sockets,wrenchs,ect. In the shed there a craftsman tool box with all the fixings.

Last edited by wheelhead4x4; 01-23-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

All of my older stuff is Craftsmen, but I try to get Mac or Snapon stuff when I need something new.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member
theyammieguy is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Stanley bought out Mac years ago.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:18 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've owned stanley tools for the past 5 years. My old set was missing a few things so I used that as justification to upgrade and gave the old set to a really good friend (like a lil brother to me) that just started driving. But I can honestly say I've punished my stanleys and am yet to break anything or chip any coatings or anything. For simple everyday use tools they've worked great. Since I don't turn wrenches for a living I don't see a point in owning 5-30k worth of tools when other than a few things my little stanley set does the trick. The set I have has a 1/2" drive, 3/4" drive, and 1/4" drive and I think I paid 80 bucks for it at walmart.

Quick Reply: What kind of tools do you use? Set or a box you put together?