Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What is YOUR favorite beer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 01:28 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Okay, to start, I hate IPA's! I have no idea how people drink them and on top of that enjoy them.

If I'm feeling cheap that night, I'll go with a domestic beer (Bud or Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light, Natty Light, Miller High Life, Busch Light, PBR (yes, even pbr if I'm feeling cheap).

If I'm feeling like I should be drinking something better that night, my goto beer is definitely Corona! You really can't beat a Corona and lime. You just can't. I also like Land Shark since it takes like Corona. But come to think of it, I like pretty much every mexican beer lol.

1 thing here is certain though... I like light beer (dark beer is :/ )

Old 05-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Yuengling Black and Tan

Old 05-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Kilkenny and Smithwicks are both pretty high on the list, as is Guinness but only in Ireland (I think they only export the rejects)

Belgian Witbier is my favorite type, but the particular brand changes depending on my mood.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Any beer that someone else wants to buy for my is my favorite.

When one is young, the have the belief that a certain beer is "their" beer. As that same person gets older, beer pretty much turns into any beer, depending on how much beer they drink every week/day. The more one drinks, the more one looks for something that doesn't cost nearly as much as a micro beer.

There are a few beers I will turn down even if I'm about to die from thirst. I won't list them but there are many more beers I am more than happy to drink. I've drank beer all around the world and here in the States.

Best I can tell anyone who likes to drink beer that may travel a bit is to find a macrobrew that you like. It really sucks being sold on a local micorbrew that you love and then find yourself in an area that has no clue what you are asking for. And on that point, don't be afraid to try the local brews. There are a number of overseas brews that I liked more than the ones I didn't.

Just keep this in mind, beer is good. Don't worry about the brand name on it. Unless it is PBR, Lone Star or Molsen's. lol

Last edited by AJBert; 05-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Beginning Member
Thermm is on a distinguished road

Miller Light
Tastes Great, Less Filling
Cans are colder.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Beginning Member
Striker911 is on a distinguished road

Coors Light is the best.

Mickeys if I want to stray

Every now and then a Bud Light gets worked in. Its much better IMO only every now and then. I would much rather have a Bud Clamato Chelada if we are talking mixed beers.

For a quick buzz put 12 oz of beer in a big cup. Half shot Root Beer Schnapps with the top half Bacardi 151. Light the shot up and drop in beer. Slam at will.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tibby
Okay, to start, I hate IPA's! I have no idea how people drink them and on top of that enjoy them.
Drinking a strong IPA is quite different than drinking beer, I think. I like Dogfish Head's IPA, around 9% alcohol. I'll drink an IPA if I'm in the mood for it. It's sort-of like drinking whiskey or wine, definitely an acquired taste. I can understand how people don't like them, very strong. Can't chug them like you can Miller lite

Once you start to like an IPA, Bud Lite will taste like water.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by 91chevywt
Drinking a strong IPA is quite different than drinking beer, I think. I like Dogfish Head's IPA, around 9% alcohol. I'll drink an IPA if I'm in the mood for it. It's sort-of like drinking whiskey or wine, definitely an acquired taste. I can understand how people don't like them, very strong. Can't chug them like you can Miller lite

Once you start to like an IPA, Bud Lite will taste like water.
Bud Light tastes like water anyway lol. =P

Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

normally the garage fridge is stocked with Busch light or PBR,when feeling cheap its naty light or keystone light or Milwaukee Best. I do love Labbatts light or light lime while at the lake or mikes cran lemonade or a corona with a lime.

Over the years i have drank everything from Genny Cream Ale to Guinness, looking back i would say if it was a free beer i would try it once. my cousin has traveled all over and with in his travels has discovered new beers that weve hunted out and bought some are good and some are to dark and strong for my taste. Ive bought some of the Rouge and Bastard Ale and like them as well but a bit pricey.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 AM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

I didn't think this thread would take off as fast as it did! But now I'm gonna go out and try all these different beers!

Quick Reply: What is YOUR favorite beer?