Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

what's goin' on here lately?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:00 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default what's goin' on here lately?

has anyone else noticed lately, the amount of new members posting their questions (usually their 1st or 2nd posting) in the New Member section?

don't get me wrong, we were all "new" @ one point, and we all didn't know the rules in the beginning, but i mean, come on, it seems like they're taking the easy way into the forum. especially since it does say in the 1st 3 threads, everything you need to know.

and while i'm on this , what's with all of the members getting spanked lately (ie; banned or having a time-out)? seems like the basics of the forum have been thrown to the side of the road lately.

ok, i'm done for tonight. not sure what seemed to have finally pissed me off tonight, but i just needed to vent.

so sorry if any of you noobs have read this, but if some of the simplest threads were read (ie; da rules) then this forum would run a little smoother.

but that's just my opinion.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:07 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

I agree. Even if you don't know the rules a lot of it is common sense, like posting the same question in multiple sections, especially if the section isn't related to the question.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:39 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just another reason why I'm sitting here at 2:30 on the morning of my birthday (plus, I have no life) .

Old 09-16-2010, 03:06 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

Happy birthday rriddle3! How old are ya (if you dont mind saying)?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:43 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

X2 on the happy birthday rriddle3!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 04:31 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Yea, Happy Birthday Rich.

About the postings . . . When you log on it is immediately obvious there are various sections. If you take the time to read the headings you then go to the relevent section don't you? Or is it just me? LOL

Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

On web forum pages, for some reason, people are least likely to read a sticky post. I was discussing that with a few friends who run fishing forums. They said most new members don't read the sticky posts for at least a few days.

At this site people are usually coming here because they had a problem with their Blazer and this site usually shows up on Google searches. That is how I found it. Many of these folks seem to ask their question and thats about it. I stick around because I know I will have many more Blazer questions. This place is a pretty valuable resource. There is also a kinship that is found here. A lot of people may be new to forums and don't realize that behind a username is a real being.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:37 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2P
Happy birthday rriddle3! How old are ya (if you dont mind saying)?
59. Everything still works, and if you can read it, then your eyes are still good.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:13 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Just another reason why I'm sitting here at 2:30 on the morning of my birthday (plus, I have no life) .
well, like everyone else said, a Happy (belated) Birthday brother.

and it's not that you don't have a life, it's that you just cram a ton more into it, by being on the forum.

Originally Posted by rriddle3
59. Everything still works, and if you can read it, then your eyes are still good.
i can still read it (i'm only 21 years behind you ).

funny how we never think most people are as old as they are on this forum.

@ least i never really did.