Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Whhats your favorite music vid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 89BlazerOnDaytons
favorite music video??...whew...hard to choose.

Johnny Cash- Hurt
Great song/video. Love Cash!

Love this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCsyA4DHwHE

Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Mine is probably this one also possibly my fav. currently and my ring tone on my phonehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8kSM43I&ob=av2e
I have been known to drive my kids nuts with it on the radio and have to get my neck adjusted afterwords. Nothing used to beat a good PIT.

Last edited by DKSDAD; 09-11-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

this is one of my fav songs of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCHeEQV454

Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
...they weren't allowed to play it in the states...
I don't know who taught you that 'history' lesson, but there is no truth to your statement. The unedited/uncensored song was played by several radio stations and the album was available at your favorite music store. We even did a cover of it at a couple of our Jr High dances and nobody objected.

I don't really have a favorite music video...too many to choose from...

Old 09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*I have removed a couple of videos from this thread due to the language in them. Just because this section is 'The Lounge' does not mean the rules are off.*

Originally Posted by 01BlackBeauty
I don't know who taught you that 'history' lesson, but there is no truth to your statement. The unedited/uncensored song was played by several radio stations and the album was available at your favorite music store. We even did a cover of it at a couple of our Jr High dances and nobody objected...
The misunderstanding may come from the fact that The Guess Who was invited to play at a dinner function in the White House during Nixon's administration with the proviso that they not play 'American Woman' due to its supposed anti-American theme. They graciously complied. As you said, the full version could be widely heard on FM stations in the early 70's.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 01BlackBeauty
I don't know who taught you that 'history' lesson, but there is no truth to your statement. The unedited/uncensored song was played by several radio stations and the album was available at your favorite music store. We even did a cover of it at a couple of our Jr High dances and nobody objected.

I don't really have a favorite music video...too many to choose from...
They=The Guess Who... not the American population including the radio stations.

Anyway, I have so many music videos classed as "favourites" Here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjypfz1skvY

I grew up listening to New Wave, so it's one of the many styles I love.
Here's what the family guy video's based off of: It's a cool concept behind the video not my favourite though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914&ob=av3n

Here's a good one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aah4H_6twU4

Last edited by oktain; 09-16-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
They=The Guess Who... not the American population including the radio stations.
I'm a bit confused as to what you are actually trying to say. If you are saying they (The Guess Who) weren't allowed to play American Woman in the states then I have to respectfully disagree with you again. I went to 2 of their concerts and they played American Woman both times. Why would they be restricted from playing the song (with the exception of the White House) when it was heard on every rock/pop station in the Nation?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:54 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

They (TGW) most certainly were not kept from playing AW in concert. Saying that they were is just a myth. I mean, it was the only #1 Billboard song they had in the States.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I've always been told they weren't... hmmm lol

Quick Reply: Whhats your favorite music vid?