The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

who else is having trouble looking for their favorite car

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM
bigred01 is on a distinguished road
Default who else is having trouble looking for their favorite car

I live in the north east and ive been looking for a while to find my favorite mustang with no luck, not one decent mustang 2 in my area any one else looking for their favorite car with no luck?

Old 06-17-2013, 03:01 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

it took me over a year to find my Blazer
they were around but the body's were rusty on the seems
I had found one with really low KM's but the wife didn't like the colour
The one I bought was a couple hours away and had been rust proofed every year ,made a low ball offer with a comparable printed off the internet
I told the guy if he didn't accept my low ball offer I was going to look at the other one on my way back home .
He took my offer

Old 06-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Starting Member
Jakeduece is on a distinguished road

Still looking for the right 99-02 Silverado. Seems like they hold a stupid amount of value! Its been about 7 months and I haven't found the right deal yet. I'm almost considering looking for a smaller car thats better on gas. Wouldn't mind finding a cheap jetta TDI to tool around in! I guess time will tell.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Baja Blazer 85 is on a distinguished road

I tried finding a Toyota pickup 4wd for relatively cheap and not beat to ****. Eventually gave up and bought a retired police cruiser. Don't ask how I made that switch!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

my very first car was a 81 toyota corolla i got around 1996, even back then i think i only seen 2 other ones ever. they have all seem to rotted away. i always thought it would be cool to buy one and make a sleeper out of it, it was actually a little rear wheel drive car.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bigred01
I live in the north east and ive been looking for a while to find my favorite mustang with no luck, not one decent mustang 2 in my area any one else looking for their favorite car with no luck?
Mustang II's are the least collectable Mustang ever made and most die hard Mustang guys don't even consider them a Mustang. That makes them very hard to find as most people don't want them or fix them up. My brothers second car was a 78 Mustang II. It was a cool little car when he was done with it.

I don't have a problem finding my favorite cars I just can't afford them.

1970 Hemi Cuda
1967 Mustang Fast Back
2013 Mustang Shelby GT 500

Last edited by grizzstang; 06-19-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Starting Member
Jakeduece is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Baja Blazer 85
I tried finding a Toyota pickup 4wd for relatively cheap and not beat to ****. Eventually gave up and bought a retired police cruiser. Don't ask how I made that switch!
I owned an '03 police interceptor, FANTASTIC cars to own. Only reason I got rid of it was due to the road rage other drivers get when they see a retired cruiser. Got ran off the road more than once, for NO reason at all. Just cruising to work minding my own business, and here comes this older dip**** trying to cut me off, laughing. WTF is wrong with people these days..

Old 06-19-2013, 02:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Found the jimmy within a couple weeks of the 94 blazer getting totaled

Old 06-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bigred01

I've seen the occasional one around here (S.W.Indiana). They really aren't that popular and are just a fancy Pinto. A lot of them got parted out for the steering assembly. I know where one was a while back just across the river in Kentucky but I haven't been over there for a bit. I'm right on the odge of the rust belt. I've got two 2nd gen Camaros. The '77 came from up north a bit and has pretty well dissolved. The '75 came fron TN and is fairly solid with a bad transmission. The two will make me a fun driver.