Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

curious on a few opinions

Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road
Default curious on a few opinions

about 3 weeks ago i sold my ps3 40gb, 6 games, 1 controller, 1 headset, and dual controller charger for 160. the thing never gave me any problems. my reason for selling it was it literally sat there and was never played. i kept it cleaned and well ventilated. the kid just texted me and said he had the yellow light of death on it. i told him to send me a video of what it was doing. there was no yellow light so i called him out on it. he told me it did that the day before and doesnt know why its not today. idk if you know but if it was yellow light of death it wouldnt change back to green and blue (normal colors). i tried helping him and he wouldnt answer my questions if he had it in the wall or a surge protector or if it was on an overloaded circuit. he eventually stopped texting me when i suggested he get the hdd checked at best buy which is free...what do you guys think? trying to scam me into getting his money back or switch parts out to fix his broken parts?

Old 06-22-2013, 11:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Hes prob trying to swap a bad unit with yours. Would be best to match the serial numbers if you have it.. It should of been a as is sell tho..

Old 06-22-2013, 11:49 PM

thats what im thinking. i told him as is and he agreed. checked everything out i told him if he wanted to sit here and try each game by all means. i had the system on for about an hour he said it shuts off after 20 mins and when he showed me what happens with the status lights, it shows overheating. he said he keeps it in an enclosed shelf im guessing on an entertainment center. i told him my girlfriend does that and that system gets hot quick. for all i know he dropped it, swapped out hdd.. thats what i was thinking about the serial numbers but i figured it was as is. he hasnt asked for his money back...yet. but i told him as is before he handed me the money. the whole situation just sounds sketchy especially when i started asking him questions about how he had it hooked up.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

Always sell "as is"

Old 06-23-2013, 06:54 PM

yea thats what i told him. its "as is" i just found it funny that when i asked him if it was plugged into the wall he didnt answer me. what i was trying to do was see if it was, which means it wasnt in a surge protector, and of recent we've had some bad lightning here. now when you sell "As Is" should I have gotten it in writing? id never purposely try to cheat someone, and this is why I dont sell things on ebay. they break it or swap parts and i couldnt prove it wasnt that way when i sent it

Old 06-23-2013, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like he is trying to pull a fast one. I would just tell him "as is" and that it was working when you sold it to him.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:35 PM

yea my girl was here in the room why he was testing everything. and i asked him if there was anything else he wanted to see he said no. even she said it sounded sketchy. I'm not worried about it I just wanted to see if I was over reacting lol

Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Yeah dont sweat it. Always get "as-is" in writing...if they wont sign a receipt then deal is off. What i do is hand write a receipt for myself and buyer and we each sign both copies...have been doing that for years...a little ins goes along way.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

It certainly appears to me that he might be trying something, or else it's user error by having it in a small enclosed space.

I always sell as-is and make the person test it while I'm there so we both have seen the item working as described. A signed receipt is a good idea too if it's a bigger ticket item.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:05 PM

yea 160 for 6 games a 40gb system, official head set and controller was a steal for him. yea thats a great idea. start getting people to sign it was as is. i graduated with the kid wasnt like best friends with him so i dont trust him lol