Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Winter is here, who all got dumped on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

Is it over yet?
There forecasting +20 tomorrow but I know anything can happen untill the end of may

Old 04-08-2014, 08:22 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Last night we had over an 1 1/2 inches of rain,Im glad it wasnt snow.Here in southern michigan its beginning to feel like spring.All the robins are back and things are starting to grow.Temps have been in the upper 40s to near 60* with a couple of 60* days predicted for this week.So just maybe we have turned the corner?I have seen it before everything blooms and leaves are growing on the trees then we got 6 inches of snow on May 1st.I dont start planting till the end of april or 1st of may for gardening cause i have seen frost well up to memorial day

Old 04-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Beginning Member
Jimmybeatergal is on a distinguished road

Plus 15 degrees Celsius here in Alberta today!!! I'm loving it

Old 04-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I've got 68 and sunny

Old 04-08-2014, 03:27 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

60 and sunny here, going to be 75 and sunny tomorrow, all the snow is gone, WOO finally!

Old 04-08-2014, 03:54 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

was snowing like a mother EFr here this morning
warmed up enough today that now I can take the dog for a walk without my jacket

Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 AM

I heard the frogs chirping yesterday.Weather folklore says when you first hear the frogs chirping they will look through the ice twice then spring is officialy here.So in laymans terms when you have 2 more freezes then spring is officialy here.Meanwhile itys been nice with temps in 50`s and 60`s.Supposed to drop back down near 40 early next week with a chance of the 4 letter white word I don't want to see.Today Im firing up the bike for the first time of the season

Old 04-09-2014, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I'm wearing shorts today, made it to 73°

Old 04-10-2014, 06:33 PM

I have been outside doing yard work with out a shirt for the last 2 days.Yesterday it was 60* today it was 73* inland from the big lake.I went to the big river coming out of Lake Huron the wind was blowing off 38* water and it was very cold.I wasn't dressed for 38* weather so I didn't stay very long.Around here this time of the year a couple of miles of the lake makes the difference if its near 40* or 70*..When the north or east something wind blows its cold near the lake shore and surrounding area.Today we had strong sw winds blowing 20-30mph which is off shore.They are still predicting snow for next Tuesday with high in the mid 30`s.Im not looking forward to that day or the next couple days after as its predicted to stay around 40* with lows below or near freezing.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Default Changine name to this topic it now the weather thread.

Itsbeen absolutely perfect here in southern lakes region of Michigan now for about a week.
Rain moves in second half of the weekend through early next week with a significant drop to the wonderfull and comfortable temps we have been experiencing lately.

Quick Reply: Winter is here, who all got dumped on?