Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Wish I had more confidence when it comes to girls....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

very true, when we did hang out, she flirted with me so much i thought she was going to break up with her bf, but really its a waste of time if she is going to lead me on like that

Old 04-28-2011, 10:07 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

damn man, i think your more lucky than anything.... i get some raunchy chicks that have been with a couple of my good friends, and some redneck chicks that just party.

Im not sure if im too picky. I WANT the typical girly girl, goes out with the girls, clubs, dresses preppy or nice, etc, but on the flip side.... i myself, may not be the "type" of guy one of them would want to date. Im a metal head straight up. 80-90 % of my shirts are band shirts, some graphic with explicit names, and pretty much wear only cargo shorts, and a couple pairs of plaid shorts, and i wear a camo hat often times, drive like a straight @$#hole, and am pretty goofy. Maybe i have to lower my standards? sadly, many chicks are willing to look past stupid things like what i listen to, or what i wear, but i mean.... I dont want to change for a chick.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:12 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

1. Never change for a girl. I don't care if her name is Lucy Pinder

2. Date her, if she doesn't like your style then that's their problem and not yours. There's a girl out there man, maybe she won't walk in front of you at the cash but she's out there... all you can do is test drive a few nice cars in the meantime.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM

ahahah true that man... and that lucy pinder....

Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lol, the British Bomb-shell.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Man, just be yourself. Ask her out, whats the worst thing that can happen??? She may say no. She may say shes been waiting for you to ask. She may say shes married. She may be gay. She may say yes. Say something stupid like "You look really nice today, you would look even better across a dinner table from me". She will blush and smile, and you wont feel so bad cause you arent the one in the awkward situation anymore But also dont practice what you want to say, cause the conversation is NEVER going to go as you planned in your head. Just go for it, shes not going to slap you for asking, and shes going to be flattered either way. You might find out that shes really not your type after all, maybe she likes kicking dogs, or doesnt want babies ever, or lives in filth. You just never know. You style doesnt really matter, Im a metal head too, I like torn jeans and metal T's, I swear, Im rude, but I do things like show respect for my elders, help others, be polite to poeple in public, stuff like that is what they notice and admire in you.

I used to work at a nightclub for many years running the entry door. (Great place for meeting girls BTW) In the beginning I was intimidated be the hot girls that were always flirty, and I know they always were like that BECAUSE I would get embarassed and turn red and stumble on words. As the years went by, that was no more, and now I can flirt with the hotest of them. The funny thing is, its harder to get the girls when you are confident, its almost like they are looking for the awkward ones cause they know you arent out banging every peice of trim you come across cause it doesnt come easy to you. Its like someone who is super confident is also pretty fake, but someone who is shy and awkward you know you are seeing the real person there...

Now Ive got me a hot one, and my job is to keep her and make her happy to have me as her childs father.

Last edited by ohsofly; 04-30-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Man, just be yourself. Ask her out, whats the worst thing that can happen??? She may say no. She may say shes been waiting for you to ask. She may say shes married. She may be gay. She may say yes. Say something stupid like "You look really nice today, you would look even better across a dinner table from me". She will blush and smile, and you wont feel so bad cause you arent the one in the awkward situation anymore But also dont practice what you want to say, cause the conversation is NEVER going to go as you planned in your head. Just go for it, shes not going to slap you for asking, and shes going to be flattered either way. You might find out that shes really not your type after all, maybe she likes kicking dogs, or doesnt want babies ever, or lives in filth. You just never know. You style doesnt really matter, Im a metal head too, I like torn jeans and metal T's, I swear, Im rude, but I do things like show respect for my elders, help others, be polite to poeple in public, stuff like that is what they notice and admire in you.

I used to work at a nightclub for many years running the entry door. (Great place for meeting girls BTW) In the beginning I was intimidated be the hot girls that were always flirty, and I know they always were like that BECAUSE I would get embarassed and turn red and stumble on words. As the years went by, that was no more, and now I can flirt with the hotest of them. The funny thing is, its harder to get the girls when you are confident, its almost like they are looking for the awkward ones cause they know you arent out banging every peice of trim you come across cause it doesnt come easy to you. Its like someone who is super confident is also pretty fake, but someone who is shy and awkward you know you are seeing the real person there...

Now Ive got me a hot one, and my job is to keep her and make her happy to have me as her childs father.

Im not really chasing a girl atm, im having trouble finding a girl to chase haha

Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Oh man, a girl i dated back in high school, it was a long distance relationship, we lived about 600km away, i had moved away but we had only been dating for a few months. She told me if i broke up with her she would never talk to me again, and, well, shes held true to that, 7 years later. She was always down and depressed when i wasnt around and was losing weight, like, unhealthy, so i eventually pulled it off because i didnt want to see her like that and knew it would be at least another 4 years until we would be closer. But yup, like 6 years after i notice she re added me to msn, so i say hello, and all i get is "oops i re added my contact list" and then block..LOL.

As for finding girls this can be tricky, they are always easier to come across when you are not looking....When your single and looking, trying to find a girlfriend it can be difficult, and can lead you down alot of dead ends when you try to make something work or come on to strong. The problem with this is as soon as you get a girl (chances are she will be pretty crazy) you end up excited at first for the relationship, but because you were so anxious for a relationship you ignore the little signs early on that it will not work in the long run and just tell yourself everything will work out in the end, and you eventually get caught up in a relationship that you wont be happy in.

When your not looking for a relationship, but will take one if it comes along, this is when you find the good ones. Your not pressing hard for a relationship but if something clicks then you run with it, but your not looking for something in people that isnt there. You must be patient it can take some time, but eventually you will find that special one. The important thing is to just make friends, and if it evolves something past that then great. And in the meantime dont be afraid to hop into some quick flings, just so long as it is seen by both parties that its just for fun, dont lead anyone onto something if you dont think its going to be there or dont plan on making it work.

When your not constantly trying to find a girlfriend you will be a bit more calm, when your just friendly chances are youll be more comfortable talking to the girl and wont scare her off. Remember, these smokin hot girls are used to getting whistled at and degraded, now some of them feed off this (you dont want one of these girls for a relationship), but other girls are annoyed at it, and if you treat them like a friend and not a horny mutt trying to hump her leg then chances are youll have a better chance at getting your foot in the door..............

The biggest thing is not to be shallow, in the long run you will be happier with a less hot girl that is amazing on the inside than a bitch thats pretty on the outside..........................(but be aware, this isnt a rule, just a guideline, some hot girls are awsome on the inside, and some of the uglies are CRAZY on the inside) Just play things slow, dont rush and wait for that special someone

Old 05-03-2011, 02:06 PM
BF Veteran

Just so you know... I took the "amazing on the inside" thing the complete wrong way and I'm laughing my *** off right now.

What you speak is the truth though, and probably share similar experiences from what you're saying. I just got out of a relationship (almost 4 years) and near the end I was waiting for the things that had changed to go back to the way they used to be... I just wasn't happy, and neither was she, so having grown apart we decided to end it.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain
Just so you know... I took the "amazing on the inside" thing the complete wrong way and I'm laughing my *** off right now.

What you speak is the truth though, and probably share similar experiences from what you're saying. I just got out of a relationship (almost 4 years) and near the end I was waiting for the things that had changed to go back to the way they used to be... I just wasn't happy, and neither was she, so having grown apart we decided to end it.
LOL....well..there are many ways you can be amazing on the inside...................

And it is the truth..I dated a girl for 2 years, it started off i didnt really pay much attention to her and wasnt overly interested in her, just enjoyed spending the time with her, it should have ended there, but for some reason neither one of us ended it....well it went on for about another year and we enjoyed the time we spent, but still in the back of my head i always doubted it, some of those little things that pile up and you just cant see it working,.....well into year 2 those little things start coming up into your mind more and more and you eventually convince yourself that you cant see it working, but youve been in it for so long that your reluctant to end it and you begin to wish you ended it a long time ago and not wasted (well wasted isnt the right word, but,,spent) that much time going into something you were not sure would work out.....well it finally ended..

.i spent another year and right after of course first thing you want to hook up with someone else right away which i did, and thats when you get into the people that you have alot of fun with and youll remember what you did forever, but its not the type of person that you could see a long term relationship lasting with...over the next year it was a bunch of these little things and i just took them as they came along, making sure to do my best to not look for something that wasnt there...and about one year later started talking with a girl that i was..aquanted with, she raced on our team for where i work so i had known her just from when she came into the shop..well we just started talking one day, and over the next few weeks just by getting to know the person better and better every day you just start to see that you both have similar viewpoints, goals, and get along very well......funny thing is when i just started talking to her she had literally just moved about 1000km away for the winter, i saw her when she made a few trips back and i made a few trips out to see her..........
....why i say this is it translates into when you first meet a girl.....we saw each other maybe once a month but talked for hours each day.......you get to know the person better on the inside than you would if you spent every day together right off the start, and when you only see each other so much you appreciate every minute of the time you do get to spend together........................................wh at you should take from this is when you first start to date...dont be pushy.....dont try to spend every day with each other.....it "breaks" habit, and when you quickly break a habit it can sometimes be stressful to the other person who may not be as open to change, and a gradual change can be better...when you start off it is better to spend short amounts of time (but not to short) where you will appreciate every minute, than to spend nearly every minute with each other where you end up having to fight to keep conversation going because you are not as familiar or comfortable around eachother........you have to find that right balance, and when you first start seeing someone, or even before,,,dont be afraid to talk....this is the most important and first thing to do is talk......it doesnt matter if its email, phone, msn, in person....blazer forum :P...........whatever it is this is the best chance for you to get to know each other......you want to know each other before you get into a relationship rather than find out afterwards....you wouldnt go buy a car without test driving it or checking it out............but the most imporant part of this for those of you who are a bit shy around girls is as you talk, through whatever means you are comfortable with.......you become more comfortable around that person...it becomes easier to talk to them and easier to hang around them, as to avoid those "akward moments"..............now its another year and a half later since i started dating my current gf and im as happy with the relationship and anyone could be......cant see an end in sight and can actually see things working out for the long run........and were moving in together.(in 2 days..lol)......(and shell do all kinds of stuff for me ..............like film blazer khana :P .........you know your comfortable around each other when you back into a snowbank and your girlfriend doesnt drop the camera but just sits there and laughs)....

Its alot to read and i can go on forever....but basically....
1) dont come on to strong
2) act yourself, dont try to be someone your not
3) break the ice as if your looking to be a friend, if it evolves past that then roll with it
4) dont rush into things, take your time and wait...patience is a virtue
5) get to know each other

now dont get me wrong, there are girls out there that would want you to come on strong right away, and this might work out. in my experience the chances of these types of relationships working out healthy for the long run are slim, although still existent......these steps are what ive found that work best for a health, happy, long term relationship.......if your just looking to get laid then hell be a peacock and strut your stuff

Quick Reply: Wish I had more confidence when it comes to girls....