Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Your First Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:21 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

My first car was an 02 Grand am GT 190 000km on it when she passed in august. Loved it. lots of power for a mid-sized 4door. Tranny had some issues when it got warm, it would jerk so bad between 1st and 2nd it would chirp the tires. put her through hell and she always came back.

This is her with winter shoes on. I called her BackFromTheDead because her title was rebuild and it was totaled once before i had it.(note the orange door)

My dad bought it for my sister for $6000 and 2 years after i got it, and 2 years after i totaled it. And we got out money back.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

My first car... My first car is the only vehicle I have ever owned that I actually took pride of ownership in. My Blazer is a close second, but my first.... she was my baby, and will always be my truely favorite car. She was by no means a show stopper, but there wasn't anything like it in the parking lot at high school....

My first car was a 1970 Nova. My bought this bad boy, spun some wrenches on it, and bought a '57 Nomad. When this was put on the back burner, i offered to buy it, and as a combination Birthday/Christmas/Joining the Army next summer/rest of my life present, he let her go for $2,000 in the summer of 2000 when i was 17.
350 SBC, turbo 400 Auto trans, edelbrock 4 barrel carb (dunno which 600 maybe) dont remeber tire size, but the rears were taller and WAY wider, chrome traction bars, Thrush header-back exhaust, and the ss style paint job.... and more
To this day I love this car.

I broke my arm and couldn't join the army anymore so in may of 2001 i sold the car back to my dad for what i bought it for, back packed the U.K for a month, and when i came home my brother had bought it. I got cleared to join the Army and left for N.C. While in Afghanistan, i got a letter saying my brother had run it out of oil and blown up the engine. he put some 396 bored over crap in it, blew that one up too, and sold it to a buddy of his. this kid dropped another 396 in it, and wrapped it around an apple tree.... to this day, it is still posted up in his parent's driveway, under a blue tarp, rotting.

one day i will buy that car back and make it mine again. I absolutely loved that car.
it stands out more because my first wheels in N.C. was a $300 '88 isuzu imark i got off a kid going AWOL...

Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 AM
basketballmail2 is an unknown quantity at this point

89 Firebird Formula was my first car

Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Curtis....you had a Nova and gave it up!? Seriously... . Crazy! lol. Really nice car though. Looks like it's in sweet condition in that pic. How old were you in that pic? you look so young lol.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

2001 pontiac grand am GT, gold..step dad wrecked her when some DB at his job side swiped it while parked demolished the whole right side from bumper to bumper, i miss my little pony express (sadly never had the chance to get pics didn't have a cam of any kind back then)

Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by d666
Is it just me or is something hanging off the back end of this thing down by the rear tire? almost looks like an exhaust or leaf spring.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sisk
Is it just me or is something hanging off the back end of this thing down by the rear tire? almost looks like an exhaust or leaf spring.
If you are talking about the thing that is just off the grass in front of the rear tire, that is a traction bar. It limits axle wrap and wheel hop.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Beginning Member
d666 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes those are tracs bar..much needed with a big bloc under the hood traction is very poor, tough.will put more pics in my album

Old 12-09-2009, 12:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Alex - Dude that pic is almost 9 years old . Giving her up haunts me to this day. I couldn't keep her. Too expensive. I was getting bent over on insurance, gas was expensive (for a dish washer) at the time and that thing drank gas like it was it's job (which the way i drove, it kind of was). Driving it 3000 + miles to N.C. was not in the cards (or bank account) at the time, so giving her up was all i could do. My DB brother would have drove it and ended it the same way if i had left it behind in the hopes of coming back to it after 5 years...

It was in awesome shape. minor touch up things still needed like repainting windshild wipers, inside wing window **** was broken on passenger side, and the back seet upholstery needed to be redone because it was coming unstitched. Other than that, she was tip top.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If you are talking about the thing that is just off the grass in front of the rear tire, that is a traction bar. It limits axle wrap and wheel hop.
That must be it. I was just wondering why it's sitting on the ground? It looks as though there isn't any clearance there at all.

And that sucks Curtis. Sad story

Quick Reply: Your First Car