Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2003 blazer 4 door 4wd LS lowering and tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 AM
guitarman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2003 blazer 4 door 4wd LS lowering and tires

I want to lower my 2003 blazer, but I'm finding no kits and every place I find on-line is telling me they don't sell anything to lower my truck because its 4wd yet they make them for every other truck? I want to lower my truck 2" front and up to 4" rear so it sits level and I also want to put some big shoes on it and every other place says something different than the last, so I'll ask the experts here. Where to find the lowering kits? how do I do it? What size rims and tires can I go with where it will fit snug in the wheel wells with a 2" drop without cutting pieces out of my truck?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2003 blazer 4 door 4wd LS lowering and tires

TheBrettster just lowered his 4dr 4WD. Pics are here. You can back the torsion bar bolts off to lower the front and do blocks for the back. I would wait to order the blocks until after you've done the front because you may not be able to get as much drop as you'd like depending on the age and spring rate of your original torsion bars. It really is pretty simple and cheap to lower a 4x4. He also has tire size listed in his post. I'm not sure if nj4x4blaze still has his drop kit for sale, but you can always PM him to be sure.

You can fit 20's if you'd like. Just be sure to get a 5x4.75 bolt pattern with as close to stock backspacing as possible (4wd is 6"). As for tires, it's a matter of personal preference. Do you want rubber band wheels or a decent sidewall? Those choices will effect what would be best for you.