Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

From Lifted to Lowered

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Starting Member
1baddblazer is on a distinguished road
Default From Lifted to Lowered

Hey yall. I was wondering how low i can go and fit 18's or 20's. What is the best brand to go with??? Any suggestions will help

Old 08-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Ash
Ash is an unknown quantity at this point

2wd or 4wd? That makes a big difference in how low you can go and cost. 2wd can go lower but costs more to drop and involves more work. There are several forums you can search on that specialize in lowering S10's. I will warn you though, they are not very friendly when it comes to questions that have already been answered even though the answer is vague.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Why would you wanna lower your truck? If its the truck in your sig, look into belltech for a drop kit for it. 4wd are cheaper to lower versus 2wd but you can get a 2wd to go lower tho.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Why would you wanna lower your truck? If its the truck in your sig, look into belltech for a drop kit for it. 4wd are cheaper to lower versus 2wd but you can get a 2wd to go lower tho.
its 2wd just tired of the 4x4 look....always been a big fan of lowered rides, but i also like lifted ones. just time for a change i guess..lol

Old 08-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Beginning Member
gmcinister is on a distinguished road

sell your truck to a 4x4 guy. if you have anything more than a 2"lift its too much of a hassle. if its a 6 you have re welding involved. sell or trade...

Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer
Hey yall. I was wondering how low i can go and fit 18's or 20's. What is the best brand to go with??? Any suggestions will help
Since it's 2wd, you can do a 5/6 drop with drop blocks and leaf springs for the back and drop springs and spindles for the front. You can get most of the items from Belltech. Just keep in mind that you need to c-notch the rear so it can ride smooth. If not the rear will hit the frame when hitting hard bumps.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gmcinister
sell your truck to a 4x4 guy. if you have anything more than a 2"lift its too much of a hassle. if its a 6 you have re welding involved. sell or trade...
With the work he put in his truck I doubt he'll be selling it... And the thing with big lifts for 2wd's is there's no welding... just coilovers and spindles for the front, and maybe shackles or a flip kit for the rear...

Back on track... DUDE you're still around? lol

ANYWAY, guys tend to go with coilovers and spindles on the 2wd's, and the cheaper alternative for the rear is running blocks and cutting your bump stop. The way the Blazer's designed you won't need shorter shocks if you use blocks in the rear because you don't change the distance between the shock mount point on the leaf and the frame.

You COULD go with springs, and if you want to go real low then I would. You'll also want a C-notch in your frame to gain a little bit of travel.

A member "packofqtips" has a bagged 4dr laying frame on 18's, so a 5/6 static isn't out of the question with 18's, but 20's will most likely be pushing it, with 20's I'd look at 4/5 at the most, maybe only 3/4. Don't quote me on that though, I could be off on my guestimates lmfao.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:23 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I think his truck would look nice lifted, lowered, or stock. The front bumper will defiantly look good close to the ground

Old 08-19-2010, 01:34 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well...........since you're looking @ lowering it.........wanna send your wheels my way?

as for how low................. a 5/6 drop will be fine on 18's, running a 225/35/18. that's what my younger brother is running on his Dime for the last 12 years-and it wasn't bagged! sure his inner fenderwells rubbed a bit on big dips, but not much.

if you want 20's, you may have to come up to a 4/5 drop. but i know these 2nd gens have more room in the inner fenderwells compared to the 1st gens.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Starting Member

yeah oktain im still around.. just got back on here.....

sorry about not responding been busy upgrading my interior. I got new leather power seats, new leather rear seat, new carpet and seat belts, new leather door panels, new switches, took my 15" down and added a overhead console, added a new center console, etc.

i am def lowering it. i prob running 18's so i guess a 5/6 drop it is. thanks guys if there is anymore info i need to know, holla at me.

when i lower it i will be selling my lift,wheels and tires

i have a fabtech 3.5 " spindle lift with shocks and add a leaf.

the wheels are 15" eagle bahas with 31x10.50 cooper discoverers stt...

thanks guys so much for your help i will keep you updated with my progress

Quick Reply: From Lifted to Lowered