Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

From Lifted to Lowered

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:03 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

wait a sec, your truck is only 2wd? that makes it much better to me. i'd love to see your truck dropped to the ground

Old 11-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Starting Member
1baddblazer is on a distinguished road
Default UPDATE: From Lifted to Lowered

*Moved*

Hey guys, long time no talk too...

Anyways, i will be converting my truck in a lot of ways back to stock "kinda"...

I already put factory air box in w/ K&N, took out all LED's on the interior, Removed 7 color LED Underbody kit, Replaced speedo cluster with a factory one w/ super bright white LED's, Upgraded to All Leather Interior w/power, etc

I'm trading my Fabtech lift for a Belltech 2/3 Drop that my buddy has on his blazer... with the belltech, i am also getting a disc brake rearend out of a 99 blazer for my Project S10 which i will post pics in the build thread.

So i think i am getting a far trade...Im tired of terrible gas mileage due to the tires, no cat in the exhaust, the loud roar of the exhaust...lol maybe cause im getting old, lol jk

I am also upgrading to the 99 GMC frontend. I have the hood already from my factory 96 frontend. I got the headlights, grille and bumper for free from the Junkyard i work at.."always a plus".

Im using my factory wheels for right now until i get some 18's or 20's. There is also a wrecked 97 4 door blazer at the Yard with a Xenon Body Kit that is in PERFECT condition, that i am gonna grab...i wont be able to use the front valance of the body kit with the 99' bumper.

Im putting factory exhaust back on except using a high flow cat and hushpower exhaust by Flowmaster.. SHHHHHHHH w/perfomance

The look i am going for is a lowered factory GMC with performance (already have Hypertech, Airaid Throttle Body Spacer, removed Restrictor Plate 4.11 Gear Pos).....I already upgraded to All Leather interior w/ power....Fixed my AC that i havent had in 3 years.

So this is gonna be a nice family SUV, that has a comfortable ride, and yet still can boil off a set of tires if need be...LOL

What yall think????

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 11-29-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread
Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Sounds great. Lowered look, performance upgrades, 4.11 gear ratio. Kinda like a 2nd gen ty/sy but not so nuts its not a dependable family ride. Lookin foreward to the build which brings me to...

2. Take pics

Old 11-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Sounds sexy, i've been debating dropping my rear end to sit level for a while! your blazer is what i've been craving to do for the longest

Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Man, you've got some good plans for this truck. Can't wait to see a finished dropped Jimmy!
Yeah, I want to lower my truck and get some rims, too, but I have to build up my bank account first, haha.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:27 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
id be happy to help you the best i could
ive been dropping for about ten years im only on my 4th lifted one.

and to this im a member on alot of bagged truck forums ........and i dont believe this when ive need help ive gotten it and actually ive sold more of my stock vehicle sales on bagged truck forums....... lol.
Well I can understand his view point. If someone goes to a bagged truck sit site posting a thread asking "how do I bag my_____?" it could get annoying. Like here we have numerous threads about "Will this tire fit under my Blazer?", and they can get annoying especially since we have a search option.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

id be happy to help you the best i could
ive been dropping for about ten years im only on my 4th lifted one.

Originally Posted by Ash
2wd or 4wd? That makes a big difference in how low you can go and cost. 2wd can go lower but costs more to drop and involves more work. There are several forums you can search on that specialize in lowering S10's. I will warn you though, they are not very friendly when it comes to questions that have already been answered even though the answer is vague.

and to this im a member on alot of bagged truck forums ........and i dont believe this when ive need help ive gotten it and actually ive sold more of my stock vehicle sales on bagged truck forums....... lol.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Starting Member
1baddblazer is on a distinguished road

thanks guys.... I think it will turn out quite nice.. i will def be taking pics and updating yall on the build...i just got a new computer cause my laptop crashed since i talked to yall last which i think was a couple of days ago...lol had the laptop for 5 years so i guess it was time...lol

Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Beginning Member
caddylac is an unknown quantity at this point

hey 1bad you mind asking where you got that bumper? looks like a fullsize ss?

Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

you can buy that bumper on a lot of online stores. its an ss look alike that is made for our trucks.

here is one place that i found in 2 seconds

Bumper Covers & Air Dams - Generation V Bumper Covers By Street Scene