Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lower 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLT

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
piedpiper27 is on a distinguished road
Default Lower 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLT

I want to lower my 2000 GMC Jimmy 4 wheel drive about 2 to 3 inches so it will look better with 20 inch rims and low profile tires. I found this hardware for a S15 Jimmy from Eibach http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...50273100002909 but I'm not sure if it will work because it says it's for 2WD. Will it also work with 4WD? Either the whole kit, or certain parts? The kit will lower 2.4 inches in the front and 3.0 inches in the rear and that sounds like what I would like to do, but I'm just not sure if they will work. So I need to know if they will, or if not could someone suggest an alternative? Thanks!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The rear blocks would work in the rear. Then you'd just have to loosen up your t-bar bolts to lower the front.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:23 PM

What exactly are the T-Bar bolts, and how much will I be able to drop the front with them? What will happen handling-wise if they are loosened?

Old 12-09-2009, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

They are bolts located in a crossmember underneath your truck that lower or raise the front suspension in 4wd and AWD variations of our trucks. A quick search for t-bar crank should produce a short tutorial.

Here are some pics from lowering a friend's 4dr Bravada by taking the bolts all the way out with a three inch drop block in the rear.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/lowering-tech-45/lowering-my-4x4-2000-jimmy-29463/

As I said in that thread, he refuses to get drop shocks and cut his bumpstops.

I remember Brett lowered his Blazer in a similar fashion and I seem to remember him saying the ride quality suffered severely.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 PM

Could I get the 3" drop blocks, remove the bolts and then put in the drop shocks? Would that give me a smooth ride with the lowered look? and will the 4 wheel drive still function correctly?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i still can't understand why people try to lower a 4WD vehicle.

either sell/trade your 4x4 for a 2WD truck, it'll make your life soooooo much easier. and it'll handle better. plus, it's a hell of alot cheaper to lower a 2WD vehicle.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

3 inch blocks will change your pinion angle and cause some funky vibrations, if you look at my album you can see a pic of mine lowered with two inch blocks and lowering the torsion keys, heck it sat lower than stock 2wd.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigjon1
3 inch blocks will change your pinion angle and cause some funky vibrations,
that's why you're supposed to use the pinion wedges (on your spring perches) when you lower a vehicle.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 PM

Actually I will probably go with 2 inch blocks, and my reason to lower it is I need the four wheel drive for in the winter but I want it to look good with the summer 20 inch rims.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:27 PM
BF Guru

so.......... put your 20's on, do a 2" lift, and slap on a sweet set of A/T or mud tires, it'll look even cooler-plus be waaaaay more functional in the Winter.

Quick Reply: Lower 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLT