Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

LOWERING QUESTIOIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 AM
BLACKBLAZER1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LOWERING QUESTIOIN!!!

HELLO

I HAVE A 2000 BLAZER 2 DOOR AND I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2" DROP SPINDLES FOR THE FRONT AND 1" DROP SPRINGS FOR THE FRONT

IN THE BACK I PURCHASED 3" DROP LEAF SPRINGS

I LOWERED MY VEHICLE BUT IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THE OTHERS WITH THE SAME DROP, I NOTICED THAT IN THE REAR THERE ARE SNUBBERS TO KEEP THE REAR FROM GOING TO FAR INTO THE FENDERWELL, LIKE A STOPPER.WHEN THE CAR IS SITTING DOWN ON NO STANDS, JUST ON RIMS AND TIRES THE SNUBBERS ARE ALREADY TOUCHING AT ALL TIMES.

IF I CUT THOSE SNUBBERS IN HALF OR SOMETHING IT SHOULD MAKE MY RIDE DROP A LITTLE MORE RIGHT?

OR SHOULD I UPGRADE SHOCKS, COULD IT BE THAT THEY ARE ALREADY COMPRESSED TO THE MAX AND WONT LET IT DROP ANY MORE, I NEVER DROP SHOCKS, CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND WHAT TO DO AND IF I HAVE TO GET NEW SHOCKS TO HELP LOWER IT TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL WHAT TYPE SHOULD I GET?

THANKS ALOT EVERYONE
ROB

Old 09-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: LOWERING QUESTIOIN!!!

You typically need to trim the bumpstop so that it doesn't interfere with the suspension travel during normal operation. If you find that if you take 1" off and it still bottoms out during your normal driving, then you may need to cut more off. You still want to have a rubber stop there just so you don't bottom out, metal to metal.

Oh and it is considered bad net-iquet to post in all caps. It is considered the equivalent of yelling.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

When mine was static dropped the shopjust completly removed the bumpstops. Allows more travel. Get a c-notch too. That will help prevent bottoming out.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Or you could just order new bumpstops from Stylin Trucks. DJM makes modified bump stops.