Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Need Help Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Blaize70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help Lowering

ok i have a '02 blazer xtreme. I want to lower it at least 2" in the front and 2" in the back. What do i need to do it? Can i just do it with new springs and shocks or do i need more to get it done? And if anyone knows where i can buy the stuff cheap. Thanks

Old 11-25-2004, 04:58 AM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Need Help Lowering

One of the more popular drops are the 2/3 drops. Since the Blazer Xtreme's rear sits 1" higher than the front, the one extra inch drop in the rear is nessecary to make it level. Belltech is an excellent source for your dropping needs. I'd suggest 2" drop spindels for the front and 3" drop blocks for the rear. The spindels will set you up if you decide to go with bags later on. The blocks are cheap...around $30 I believe and the spindels are around $250. I can't really remember the prices but it's pretty close. Go to www.stylinconcepts.com they have them there. If you decide to drop it lower, look at getting your frame c-notched and bump stops removed and MAYBE moving the brake lines. (From what I've read on other forums). Do some research about it if you wanna go lower than a 2/3. But with an Xtreme, we're already sitting lower than a stock blazer (I'm thinking 2.5" front and 1.5" rear {not sure exactly though}). So a 2/3 drop would be VERY nice looking. I'm looking at doing that kind of a drop myself. let us know what you decide.

Old 11-25-2004, 04:59 AM

By-the-way...our shocks are supurb. No need replacing them unless they are shot or you really want to get some new ones. The spring and leaves...I'd leave them alone too. Just my 2 cents...I'm done now.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

plus, just swaping the spindles will keep the ride quality like stock. when you get shorter springs, the ride gets stiffer. depends on what you like, cozy ride or sporty ride.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:17 PM

aight guys thanks. I have a friend who works at a shop in huntington and he recommended the spindles and blocks as well. One more thing i want to know is do i also need a camber kit or not if i am looking into a 2" drop in the front and 3" drop in the back? And any more suggestions are more than appreciated.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:34 PM

one more thing. If i buy the parts (spindles and blocks) can i install it myself or would it be too hard to do on my own. And do u guys know what i would need to do it on my own cuz i have a lot of friends with a lot of tools so i might be able to install them unless its too complicated.

Old 11-30-2004, 04:12 AM

I read in a magazine I have (Sport Truck) about lifting/lowering. You might wanna check out there web site and see if they have that article on there. It's called 'Do-It-Yourself For Less Than $1,700 Highs And Lows.' If not, I can see about e-mailing it to you.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:11 PM

ok well u can email it to me at yellowsux@yahoo.com. Also i talked to my friend and he said that if i lower it more than 2" all around, cuz i am thinking 2 in front and 3 in rear, that i would have to get more than just spindles and blocks. He told me the price on installation and i would much rather install it myself if i could. I will check the webiste too but if u email me that would be great.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

about the camber kit, you'll be fine without it because you're not affecting the the angle of the control arms with spindles. they will keep the same geometry. plus ive got my sonoma slammed to the pavement and the camber isn't too far off with it laid out. if you got tools and friends, then i say go ahead and do it. quality companies like belltech come with detailed instructions to make it easy.

Old 12-01-2004, 02:05 PM

ok but like what kind of tools do i need cuz they both lowered their cars on their own but they were both imports, so all they did were shocks and springs. They have a lot of tools but i dont know what kind i need for the spindles and blocks.

Quick Reply: Need Help Lowering