Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

torsion bars???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Starting Member
shaveitlow is on a distinguished road
Default torsion bars???

looking for some info ive done a bunch of 2wd s10s but i cant find a 2wd blazer so iam goin to have to get a 4wd iam wanting to drop one as my daily driver my ? is that the rear of the blazer will be dropped 6 inchs and i know iam getn 3 inch drop springs for the front ive herd that you can drop the front of ur blazer by adjusting ur torsion bars and i need 2 to 3 inchs of drop can i safely drop the blazer by adjusting the torsion bars and if i can how do i do it or wat should i do to get those extra 2 to 3 inchs

Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

You should probably keep looking for a 2WD truck, especially if you have experience with them.

There is no where for drop springs to go in the front of a 4WD truck. There's are CV axles in the way and they use the torsion bars instead of springs. If you crawl under and see the long bars that are attached to the lower control arm, follow them towards the back where they bolt into a cross-member. There's a bolt hanging down and you simply loosen it to lower or tighten it to raise.

I'm not sure that you'll be able to lower the front 5-6" to match the back though

Someone else here that knows more about it may be able to offer up suggestions.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

no Matt, you nailed it. dude needs to get a 2WD truck. plain & simple.

while i feel your pain brother, there are a few 2nd gen 2WD trucks out there.

in fact, i know where there is a '99 4 door 2WD truck for sale.

too bad you have no location info in your posting id, kinda makes it hard for fellow members to offer assistance.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

There are lowering keys to drop a 4x4 but as said you can't go down real far without putting the front axles in a bind. You can remove them but you will still wind up with problems of the track is wider than a 2wd and your tires will hit the fenders unless you run bicycle width tires.

Keep looking for a 2wd.