Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

xtreme blazer lowering

Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 AM
hotrodclutch is on a distinguished road
Default xtreme blazer lowering

stylin trucks has a lowering kits with belltech combo with shocks springs everything you need to lower the vehicle but i thought you need a drop spindle for anything lower 2" ........i posted before what i should need an still reserching but i dont wanna mess up my ride by not doing it right....do you really need a drop spindle to lower vehicle?

Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

This is the 3rd thread you've started on the same subject...
I've answered it both times all ready.

Originally Posted by DySfUnCtIoNaL
Xtreme's are about 1 1/2 inches lower than regular Blazer's.
A 3" drop spring would only drop it another 1 1/2".
Belltech is the only manufacturer with a drop spindle for the 98+ Blazer and they are pricey, Right at $400 for the 3" drop spindle.

The reason they are so expensive is, in 98 the Blazer received a makeover on the suspension. Unit bearings, spindles 2 piston calipers, and longer leaves were changed.
You can however switch over to the older style bearings and spindles, just find an S10 and pull all the parts from it and you can convert yours.
Then all you can use any drop kit for an S10.
Originally Posted by DySfUnCtIoNaL
If you want a 3" drop, You could do the Belltech spindles and a 3" coil. The 3" coil will lower it about an inch over your stock stance. I would recommend drop shocks but since the coils will only be an inch lower I wouldn't worry about it right away.
Get a 3" block for the back and you are done.

Make sure you order parts for 98+ blazer, Earlier years and S10 stuff will not work.

Last edited by DySfUnCtIoNaL; 05-02-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*hotrodclutch,
Please review the Forum rules and note that posting the same question in multiple sections (double posting) is a violation and could result in loss of posting privileges. Your previous threads have been closed.*

Old 05-03-2011, 02:23 AM
hotrodclutch is on a distinguished road

ok my bad people if i was askn same qestion, i was curious about the drop spindle an the porpuse of it when the there kit combo's out there that i can get an achieve the same height without it! ASKIN IF I DONT GET IT, WILL I HAVE PROBLEMS ON DOWN THE ROAD!!! not tryn to waste money an do it right the first time.

beside it wasnt the same post either bub i was askn if you really need it or not an what future problems i might have for not getting a spindle.....

can i go without the spindle is all i am asking if i do will i have future problems for not getting it

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-03-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Let me google that for you

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-03-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Cleaning Up The Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I will tell you this the lower you go the more you will need drop spindles for correct alignment. What I did when I lowered mine before bagging it is, swap the blazer sealed hubs and brake system over to s-10 pickup spindles and brake system. I lost the abs wiring but it still stops on a dime and I pulled my abs lights out of the cluster. The ball joints are the same so the drop spindles will bolt right in the only part you need to adjust is the blazer brake line going to the caliper it needs to be rounded off as you will see if you do this conversion just make sure you get new crush washers and tighten the brake line tight when you complete this conversion and then bleed the brakes. By doing this it will save you in the long run cause these spindles are only 110.00 bucks for the pair from airbagit.com where I got mine.